ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raider quick wash bad iPhone photos!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Only thing mine doesn't come with is:

Sat nav because rensport monitor

Cup spoiler because gt spoiler ( looks better anyway)

And parking sensor's because there for unable drivers and look like your bumper has aids.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
The GT spoiler suits the stealth look well, I have nav because I'm not into seeing what G's I can pull In the drive thru, and no parking sensors because: 1. They look ridiculous 2. They are pointless

maybe not in the drive thru but handy around the track! I enjoy my Renaultsport monitor and I can just plug my satnav in!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
fair play for on a track, but we are talking raiders here, is it really worth taking them on track ? in real world terms the sat nav is more useful

Why wouldn't you take a raider on track yours has bin around track. I don't see what the problem with track in a raider my silverstone is just as rare as your raider that's going around track. Only difference is paint bar that mines the same spec as a raider

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
Nope, around the rear drivers side window. Going back to Renault on Friday. Wish me luck!

The paint finish on the 200s is shocking. Mine is going back in again this week for its 4th attempt to get it right. Renault approved body shops are pretty shocking so don't expect a miracle.

Why wouldn't you take a raider on track yours has bin around track. I don't see what the problem with track in a raider my silverstone is just as rare as your raider that's going around track. Only difference is paint bar that mines the same spec as a raider

has it really though ? which track is that ? even so it want my car then

im not talking in terms of rarity, im talking in terms of how much of a ball ache it is to correct it if it all goes wrong.

Touche, A sat-nav is much more useful day to day as previously said and a built in one looks much neater that having one stuck on the windscreen and a wire traipsing over the dash, there is apps you can get for a smartphone that will do just about the same as a RS Monitor,

either way its down to personal preference, I just dont see the need for a RS Monitor on a road car

GTD, Lupo
Touche, A sat-nav is much more useful day to day as previously said and a built in one looks much neater that having one stuck on the windscreen and a wire traipsing over the dash, there is apps you can get for a smartphone that will do just about the same as a RS Monitor,

either way its down to personal preference, I just dont see the need for a RS Monitor on a road car

Oil temp alone makes the monitor 100 x more usefull than the sat nav, the reest of it is pretty pointless unless you go on track. The apps are pants and normally are not that accurate. Plus the fact most phones (no wires) have sat nav already makes the sat nav pointless. Personal preference or mistake its your choice i guess.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
has it really though ? which track is that ? even so it want my car then

im not talking in terms of rarity, im talking in terms of how much of a ball ache it is to correct it if it all goes wrong.

Yes it was your car and it shouldn't really matter. just seamed like you got a bit of your high horse will cal and the jet wash the thread was started as a joke.

But if I was putting the spec on my car again I would still pick the RS monitor and leather recaros

Yes it was your car and it shouldn't really matter. just seamed like you got a bit of your high horse will cal and the jet wash the thread was started as a joke.

But if I was putting the spec on my car again I would still pick the RS monitor and leather recaros

I don't think it was, as its still on the original bridgestones at 17k,

I wasn't getting on my high horse, I just said I used a hose pipe and two bucket method on mine, as it clearly states not to use a jet wash, there was no way that could of been mis-interpreted

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't it come with 18's also hence it looking like a rollerskate?

Oh and you're doing more damage to your paint washing the car without pressure washing. Renault are mearly covering itself. Even on standard paint you would hold a pressure washer close!

PW's are fine if the user isn't a mong. I would suggest investing in some of the Swissvax opaque range.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't think it was, as its still on the original bridgestones at 17k,

I wasn't getting on my high horse, I just said I used a hose pipe and two bucket method on mine, as it clearly states not to use a jet wash, there was no way that could of been mis-interpreted

Well I saw it at Oulton just saying! As for original bridgestones its easy to swap tyres around? That's fine for you to use the two bucket method it didn't have that in the past I was openly told where it went for it'd wash by the old owner at Oulton park last year! It dose clearly state not to be jet washed but cal wanted to give it a try and guess what it's fine!!!!!

This thread is weird.

Car's kinda cool, but the thread is weird.

the car is kind of cool the paint in my eyes looks best on a grey dull day can almost look a little green at times. I think the wheels look a little odd sometimes I think they are a little bit big but cal is happy with it and so that's all that should matter.the thread was started as a bit of a joke. May as well get deleted tbh.

Didn't it come with 18's also hence it looking like a rollerskate?

Oh and you're doing more damage to your paint washing the car without pressure washing. Renault are mearly covering itself. Even on standard paint you would hold a pressure washer close!

PW's are fine if the user isn't a mong. I would suggest investing in some of the Swissvax opaque range.

cal has got all the swissvax range for it I think he went and got it a few weeks before he had the car. If it was my car I think I would still jet wash it just stand back a little.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Well joe 83457 miles but would have got much more than 90k on them if it had not had bin played about with.

Well I saw it at Oulton just saying! As for original bridgestones its easy to swap tyres around? That's fine for you to use the two bucket method it didn't have that in the past I was openly told where it went for it'd wash by the old owner at Oulton park last year! It dose clearly state not to be jet washed but cal wanted to give it a try and guess what it's fine!!!!!

That is bull s**t and you know it, it has the original tyres its quite easy to see, the last owner lived no where near oulton park, and he gave me the swissvax opaque range pack that he quite clearly used, so your just trolling really

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol no bull s**t I know he lived. I know who he is, I know he lives no where near Oulton park. But cars where made for traveling my friend! I love my cars and bikes but I still use them! I'd take my v6 around a track I will take the sliverstone around the track I would take the landy and anything else. I can't see why you worried about it, it's before you owned it your happy with your car and you think it looks great so relax. No trolling no bull s**t.

Lol gally I don't even have a raider this thread was started to make people smile. Any one can see that cal is stood far away from his car no damage was done to the car the paint is fine. Might go and wash the vee with a wire brush and a hammer now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know mate, i'm mearly jesting as he got a bit defensive very quickly.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
That is bull s**t and you know it, it has the original tyres its quite easy to see, the last owner lived no where near oulton park, and he gave me the swissvax opaque range pack that he quite clearly used, so your just trolling really
He isn't trolling at all. You do realise this is Jermery from RUK's old car don't you..

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I was offered a Raider when I got my 200, I turned it down, they look good (don't like the wheels IMO) but the paint is such a pain in the arse!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus this Glenn guy is abit of a weapon. More so because he said parking sensors are useless? Huh?

More than likely thinks that having your lights on in the day doesn't make you any more visable aswell. I wonder if the previous owner had his lights on when he was thrashing round Oulton...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
tumblr_m0ankfnUTS1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

S4 Avant
I've always pressure washed my raider. Quick wipe down with a sponge and a drying blade and it looks awesome!

As Gally said, it's fine to pressure wash them. Renault are just covering their arse. If I had one I wouldn't hesitate taking a pressure washer to it.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I never use my fog lights. I've only started driving with my normal lights on since I started ringing bikes.