ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rain marks on my stickerz0rz.

Barge
Herrow m'dears.

The stickers on the R27 (not so much the roof decals) have some water marks on them, which is now starting to piss me off. I'm contemplating moaning to Renault for some new ones as I don't think they should be doing it, but I wondered if there's anything I can try to get these off without having to rant at the dealer?

I'm not up for spending mirrions on some wonder product, so if anyone knows something reasonably priced hook me up, y0.

Thanks. :cool:

Barge
Yep. The bumper and door ones have the most, the roof's perfect, TBH. Tried polish, maybe I didn't try hard enough. Any particular sort?

Titanium 182
Would have thought most should work tbh, maybe not SRP as its a filler. Try get something midly abrasive like scratch x.

And put some elbow grease into it ;)

Barge
Cool. Thanks lad. Means I have to clean the shed now. TBH, I might wait till next week then. Roffle.

Polish on the decals is a bad idea I would suggest, as hard wearing as the R27 ones are.

Depends on what they are from. Might find just another wash will take them away. However, worth trying a quick detailer spray on a MicroFibre and seeing if that shifts them.

Barge
Thing is I'll wash it, dry it, they disappear, they come back. And when it's rained they're terrible. Looks scruffy, innit. Tempted to moan at the dealers about them.

Barge
I'll go and take some at lunch, I CBA now, it's fooking freezing out there.

Sometimes good ol' gold class and the mitt doesn't shift it. b*****d things. LOL.

E92 M3
Thing is I'll wash it, dry it, they disappear, they come back. And when it's rained they're terrible. Looks scruffy, innit. Tempted to moan at the dealers about them.

i think you just like moaning to the dealers. bet when you walk in its like "miss rb RUN!!!" hahaha

Bumder With A Buffer
Isn't this a known problem with the R27's?? I read somewhere that a few have gone back in to have theres re-done...I know of a guy in my town who's had his done.

Titanium 182
JD, surely a bit of polish applied by hand to the decals would be fine ?

They're pretty damn tough on the R27.

Barge
i think you just like moaning to the dealers. bet when you walk in its like "miss rb RUN!!!" hahaha

Isn't this a known problem with the R27's?? I read somewhere that a few have gone back in to have theres re-done...I know of a guy in my town who's had his done.

LOL Scott!!

Richy, didn't know that, TAKE IT BACK BEX!!

LOL at all of that. I will then, they've got it for a week on the 19th to sort what I've moaned about. I've already complained about the steering wheel and glove box in addition to the rest of the list, so I might as well add the stickers on there too. :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
What's wrong with the steering wheel?

Oh - have you tried a light clay on the stickers? :)

Barge
I could try a little clay I guess, I'm being warey TBH as I don't want to make them worse.

Steering wheel looks to be starting to melt between 9 and 11 - feels incredibly rough compared to 1 and 3 on the other side. Apparently it's an immediate replacement.

Bumder With A Buffer
Id be wary of going over it with clay. "Could" end up marking them and dulling them to f**k. Depends how well "lubed" up you are ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Peel them off! Roof grafix look crap anyway.

Failin that get someone with a PC to polish them with primed finishing pad with detailer on it!

clio
I have had the same- Auto glym vinyl and rubber cleaner does the trick on mine. Will need a bit of elbow grease if you have already polished them tho. Try not to get polish / wax on them in the first place does the trick...;)

Barge
There's nothing wrong with the roof ones. It's only the doors and front bumper with the marks on them, which is strange as you'd think it'd be the whole lot.

Thanks bmit. I'll give that a try. :) Failing that a dealer moan. LOL

E92 M3
may as wel just go for the new stickers. will they not complain if you try and fix it and say that you have done the damage your self.

Barge
Yeah, I'll see what they say when I roll up with it. I doubt giving it a bash with vinyl and rubber cleaner would do much damage though. :)

clio
Oh and make sure u spray the vinyl cleaner on the cloth first coz otherwise u'll be washing / polishing the car around the stickers again!

Btw this stuff also works well on the rubber bits over the door windows / the backs / base of the recaros and the plastics &rubber on the door sill which get scuffed from getting in and out. It claims to be ok for interiors too but i didnt really like it that much on the main dash. (seemed to go streaky / shiny). Looked good on the tyres too tbh but i'm not sure how long it last. :cool:

I'm it wouldn't do any harm, but I just don't like the idea of taping up the decals for PCing, then getting polish on anyway! But hand application would not do much harm I don't think!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah, I get the same problem, particularly with the bumper stickers.

Like bmit I use either AG Vinyl and Rubber or more recently I tend to use AG Bumper Care on them, and they come up like new, no water marks to be seen.

Oh and my steering wheel is also starting to go rough and wrinkly lol

Oh and make sure u spray the vinyl cleaner on the cloth first coz otherwise u'll be washing / polishing the car around the stickers again!

Btw this stuff also works well on the rubber bits over the door windows / the backs / base of the recaros and the plastics &rubber on the door sill which get scuffed from getting in and out. It claims to be ok for interiors too but i didnt really like it that much on the main dash. (seemed to go streaky / shiny). Looked good on the tyres too tbh but i'm not sure how long it last. :cool:

Not long fella, it's the same chemical as their Tyre Shine and it doesn't last more than a few days. Only good for shows as a top up really.

Megane R26
Try a spray sealant like Zaino Z8 or Dodo Red Mist - seems to deal with the marks and protect at the same time :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The decals are like trextured mirrors guys, you shouldn't use polish on them, it'll probably make them worse if anything.

Get some ag bumper care or something similar and just go over the decal with a clean microfibre, they will come up a treat.

On the other hand look at the detailing thread in here with the liquid yellow r27, the guy got his roof decal replaced due to water marking I believe, worth a pm to him.

Barge
Don't worry lad, if I moan enough for new ones I'll get them. Roffle. Might just do that, TBH.

Thanks for the replies. :)