ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Spring Help

Renault Clio 172
Hoping someone can give me some advice.

Been hearing a rubbing/vibration noise under heavy load from the rear right going around the track under heavy load. The back end of the car is already low, its on Gaz Shocks and no idea what springs (rating/lbs) but they look small.

What springs is everyone else running. I like the setup at the moment but obviously cannot have the tyre rubbing on the wheel arch. Heard people mention cook springs and Eibach but for track wondered what everyone else is running.

Worth noting there is no noise normally, don't believe it to be anything else and can only replicate the same noise on track when car is heavily loaded to the right through a left hander.

Cheers

PH2 172
Hoping someone can give me some advice.

Been hearing a rubbing/vibration noise under heavy load from the rear right going around the track under heavy load. The back end of the car is already low, its on Gaz Shocks and no idea what springs (rating/lbs) but they look small.

What springs is everyone else running. I like the setup at the moment but obviously cannot have the tyre rubbing on the wheel arch. Heard people mention cook springs and Eibach but for track wondered what everyone else is running.

Worth noting there is no noise normally, don't believe it to be anything else and can only replicate the same noise on track when car is heavily loaded to the right through a left hander.

Cheers

Rear Coilover or separate shock & spring?

Coilovers on the font.
Separate shock and spring on rear.
Presume you have the damping at full hard on the rear? And tried upping the ride height? If so maybe request a new set of springs from Gaz with track spec ratings 8kg/8kg or even higher if full on track car, o

PH2 172
Coilovers on the font.
Separate shock and spring on rear.
Have you got the adjusters under the rear springs?
ktecp341_f.jpg

Renault Clio 172
thanks for the info and tips. Yes I have. But looks quite extended as it is. Will see if I can turn it any more and check damper is on as hard as it goes.

PH2 172
thanks for the info and tips. Yes I have. But looks quite extended as it is. Will see if I can turn it any more and check damper is on as hard as it goes.
Other things to check: tyre size, any spacers between the beam & stub axle, and where it is contacting.
A rear ARB might help.

Renault Clio 172
thanks matey, already got an ARB. No spacers and tyre size on 195/50's federals.

I took in for MOT yesterday, failed for ESP not working (or light not showing on dash) so just deleted this myself, should go through now but vid below will show where it is contacting the tyre, also on closer inspection I can see to the back (boot side) of the wheel arch seems to be where the contact is, a lot of obvious black tyre marks not shown in the vid.
The arch lining is also catching by the looks of it.

Paused at the right spot you can also see the adjusters for the springs, they seems pretty maxed out already.

https://edynamix1.blob.core.windows...I-90-e19f61f1-b2ad-4431-b8b9-fbcce2fdd7a9.mp4

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Is it only the insides that are rubbing? Looks that way from the video.

Surely the easiest solution is just to fire a couple 5mm spacers on the back to bring the wheels out a bit?