ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal keys not working.

1.2 16V Dynamique
Hey everyone, I'm new here got a nice 1.2 Dynamique, now that I'm making some money i think I'm gonna make a few aesthetic alterations as it is a bit plain (cba to mod the performance on a 1.2) I have a very limited knowledge of cars though so expect to hear a lot more from me lol

Here's the first problem:

I've had the stock head unit out a few times while wondering if my tunerlist would be compatible with a connects2 box, keys worked fine. Now I finally received the connects2 box and the radio won't come out. I assume i've wore some sort of mechanism out. Sods law :boring:

screwdriver-1.jpg

I removed my standard head unit the other day and found the release mechanism was nothing short of flimsy to say the least.

Put one key in the top and the other key in the bottom hole, rotate them till the little notches bite and unhook the HU one side at a time. I presume you've wobbled/rotating/pushed-in-and-out the release keys and tried being a little bit forcefull though?

172 Flame Red '53
On my GFs Ka I put the keys in and it didn't budge, had a look on a Ka forum and someone said that you have to pull the keys towards the doors. Tried it and it came out easily.

1.2 16V Dynamique
Yeah i've managed now, just messed around a bit. and the connects2 box works great no more fm transmitter :approve: thanks for the help