ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault must be Joking!!!

NEED V6!
Got bk from renault cost for aux belt, cam belt plus tensioners and powersteering pump + labour was £1300.

what do they charge an hour it's stupid price.

John

Bout £85 PH from renault. Cambelt kit and aux belt will be about £250 for gen parts, maybe £200 - £300 for the pump. Thats a whopping £800 labour.. ooook! Total rip off.

alien green rs133
although im no where near you just to put the fact out there we have labour at 37.50 and hour lol

NEED V6!
Mate just texted me saying they can do it all in for £725 it's at Crackley Motorsport in Kenilworth.

john- good price me thinks

Chelsea tractor
Maybe they just didn't want to take it on? Classic tactic when you can't be arsed / too busy is to overprice something ;)

White APE
I got the same quote from my local stealers last week. Im booked in at Rentech for half the price.

Porsche Boxster987S
70-80 miles away??? pffft wish i was that close to birchdown. im making a 500mile roundtrip to go there

NEED V6!
80 miles in nowt when you look at what your saving buddy

yes but car'nt get their without a tow or flatbed truck delivery.

Anyway renault came bk and said sorry for the price and they have slashed it by nearly half £845 for cam belt kit, aux belt kit, steering pump & pulleys also 2 michelin pilot tyres:cool:.

Carn't argue with that, they said it's hard times at the moment and could do with money coming in than sending me away as to the drop in new car purchases and cause I've bought 4 renault's from them the thought as a valid customer they can help me out.

I'am well lucky.

John.

ZX6R B1H
lol @ £845 that to me still sounds stupidly priced. Ummm actually £400ish parts...

Can't you blag it and say your in the trade :) and get trade discount as well lol.

NEED V6!
lol @ £845 that to me still sounds stupidly priced. Ummm actually £400ish parts...

Can't you blag it and say your in the trade :) and get trade discount as well lol.

My brother is in the trade work's for car part's co. he say's that the price's are at cost price so will be very cheap.

200 Gordini
Woods as in wood end?

You might be the LY 182 a few people have spotted.

Back on topic.. GDI, TCR, Birchdown, Jam-sport... take your pick

Was a 197
On my new car, i took out a servicing plan, where they service your car for 3 years, its cost £389 including all parts, i dunno whether you can get these from a 3rd party or after sales.

320d
On my new car, i took out a servicing plan, where they service your car for 3 years, its cost £389 including all parts, i dunno whether you can get these from a 3rd party or after sales.

Good idea that mate. Ensures your car will have FRSH aswell.

Mini have been doing the TLC pack for ages, hence why 95% of mini's have FSH. The ones that don't will be extremely hard to sell because most do.

NEED V6!
hey fred PM if your interested, I can get all the part's that renault have listed at cost price through my brother sooo.

P.S. driveway is very flat

Rgds

John.