ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault World Series

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Hi guys, RWS is only a couple of weekends away and was curious whether any of you locals plan to go?

If so, does anyone fancy a convoy there? I know it's only a short drive but following CCS I now know a few people on here so could make for a fun day/weekend

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Ok good stuff, you're in Worcester aren't you?

I don't know yet which day I'm going, I had planned for the whole weekend but it's my mates 21st party on the Saturday night. I thought about the Sunday (being the more interesting day) but that means getting up early after what I expect will be a hard night on the pop!

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I'll have to make a decision this weekend which day I go and let you guys know. If it's the Sunday then we can all meet up somewhere middle ground...maybe hopwood services if that works? Depends though whether we do motorway or back roads...?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I will probably be without the missus (working!) so don't want to be walking around Silverstone on my lonesome. I think Sunday would be better as that's when the Clio Cup racing is on...:race: and I have to watch that.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Good stuff guys. I'll most likely decide to do Sunday too and bite the bullet on getting up early following my night out! I may even stay over at the gf's in worcester sat night which would work out quite well. Only worrying thing is that my tickets haven't arrived yet...do you have yours yet?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
now obviously i would prefer it if everyone went the back roads, but i dont mind meeting you all at hopwood or maybe i could jump on the m40 at longbridge island

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
now obviously i would prefer it if everyone went the back roads, but i dont mind meeting you all at hopwood or maybe i could jump on the m40 at longbridge island

Tbh sbridgey I'd prefer this too ;) I'm not really familiar with your location so excuse me if I'm throwing inpractical ideas into the mix, I don't want to put anyone out!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
yeah alcester i directly in the middle of the m5, m42 and m40 directly east of worcester

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Good stuff guys. I'll most likely decide to do Sunday too and bite the bullet on getting up early following my night out! I may even stay over at the gf's in worcester sat night which would work out quite well. Only worrying thing is that my tickets haven't arrived yet...do you have yours yet?

I've got 4 tickets, so can give up to 2 out to people (as want to keep one spare in case the lad or missus want to come). If you want them, let me know. :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
That would be great Donny if they don't turn up, Sams hoping to come with me (the guy from CCS who does detailing) so that would be a big help! I'll keep you posted anyway

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
That would be great Donny if they don't turn up, Sams hoping to come with me (the guy from CCS who does detailing) so that would be a big help! I'll keep you posted anyway

If you want me to post you 2 tickets...let me know, can always meet you on way there for a convoy or something...but its just in case something crops up where I can't turn up...then least you have them. :)

Even better can convoy from worc!
I should also have 2 spare tickets so if need be I can also give you them, I'll just make sure before I give them away haha!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I will probably be without the missus (working!) so don't want to be walking around Silverstone on my lonesome. I think Sunday would be better as that's when the Clio Cup racing is on...:race: and I have to watch that.

Donny the clio cup uk race is on saturday aswell,qualifying for it is at 11.20 and race one is at 17.50.On the sunday race two is at 16.45,so it looks like you`re going to miss race one.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Thanks Matt. I'll post on here again Monday if they don't turn up so i don't run out of time. I'm going to find out whether Pugh (silver ph1) is coming, if so he'll join the convoy too. He did say at CCS he would be

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Donny the clio cup uk race is on saturday aswell,qualifying for it is at 11.20 and race one is at 17.50.On the sunday race two is at 16.45,so it looks like you`re going to miss race one.

I know mate, but there's no point in doing the 2 days. I'm sure that once you've seen one day's worth of stuff at WSR, then you've seen pretty much it all...but Thanks for head's up though. :)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
We (the mrs,step son,granson) are doing both days this year so we can either watch the racing,qualifying,or just wander round.I have a question do you know where i can get cheap kids ear defenders,on ebay they are £15,if you know anywhere cheaper i would appreciate it.:approve:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
We (the mrs,step son,granson) are doing both days this year so we can either watch the racing,qualifying,or just wander round.I have a question do you know where i can get cheap kids ear defenders,on ebay they are £15,if you know anywhere cheaper i would appreciate it.:approve:

How does around £4 sound? http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=H9FGTpjaC8Ky8gPFmPCxBg&ved=0CKQBEPMCMAc

Here at toolbox.co.uk http://www.toolbox.co.uk/silverline...gleBase&utm_medium=GB&utm_campaign=GoogleBase but unsure how it will help the little one

For the little one £8.51 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0014DAH3W/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Up to age 7 http://www.stonedeertools.com/safety-and-workwear/ear-protection/315357-children-s-ear-defenders

or these which cost a bit more http://www.grandprixlegends.com/mot...product/childrens-teamwear/ear-defenders.html

Google shopping for the win!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Well,ive tried them all and they add at least £4.50 to the price of the defenders,one of them adds £6.47 just for postage!,thanks for the info but i was really after a shop so i wouldn`t have to pay post and packaging.,sorry to be a pain.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
My tickets still haven't turned up guys so if either of you guys (Addicted or Donny) are still able to post me a couple I'd be really grateful. PM me if you can please and we can sort it out.

As for route, anyone got any ideas?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would probably suggest Hopwood Services (M42) to meet then. Anyone else up for that? Then M40 and relevant backroads.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I would probably suggest Hopwood Services (M42) to meet then. Anyone else up for that? Then M40 and relevant backroads.

Sounds good to me. Would really enjoy going back roads all the way there but in reality it makes meeting up more of a challenge, plus we'll probably end up getting separated more easily than on the motorway.

Sounds good to me. Would really enjoy going back roads all the way there but in reality it makes meeting up more of a challenge, plus we'll probably end up getting separated more easily than on the motorway.

sounds good to me also! motorway as said just makes it all alot easier :)
if you don't manage to get any tickets Nick i've still got some can give them to you on the day? saves the risk of not turning up in the post!

what sort've time should we meet?

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
if you don't manage to get any tickets Nick i've still got some can give them to you on the day? saves the risk of not turning up in the post!

Thanks Matt, although hopefully I'll be ok, Don's posted me some this morning so should be here Friday latest

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Thanks Matt, although hopefully I'll be ok, Don's posted me some this morning so should be here Friday latest

Mailed 2 tickets out yesterday...just hope Royal Fail do deliver them today (or tomorrow) for Nick.

What time do people want to meet/get to Silverstone? So we can arrange a time to meet up. :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Mailed 2 tickets out yesterday...just hope Royal Fail do deliver them today (or tomorrow) for Nick.

What time do people want to meet/get to Silverstone? So we can arrange a time to meet up. :)

Good news, I've been informed that the tickets arrived this morning :)

The first race starts at 9am although that's pretty early for a Sunday lol. What does everyone think...8.30 meet? Or are we talking earlier?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Good news, I've been informed that the tickets arrived this morning :)

The first race starts at 9am although that's pretty early for a Sunday lol. What does everyone think...8.30 meet? Or are we talking earlier?

Cracking...good to hear :)

which race is it? I think if we aim to get there for 10:00 that should be enough time but am open to suggestions...