ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev limiter seems to cut in early?

Search Tool

You could have answered the question almost as quickly as that gay generic response.

The rev limit is c. 6750 until the oil is properly hot. This can take up to 15 minutes in my experience. Once warmed up, it should be 7250. TBH I don't go much above 6500 these days anyway. The exception is on track when I may need to hold a gear longer to avoid upshifting on a curve/bend.

182 FF
Maybe it s not warm enough then?I ve not been ragging it from cold or anything as i know that to be a big no no!And i ve only just noticed this as i rarely drive it that hard:dapprove:
Thanks for the help,and i ll take it on a long run and see if it s any different!

Cooksport Fleet
You could have answered the question almost as quickly as that gay generic response.

The rev limit is c. 6750 until the oil is properly hot. This can take up to 15 minutes in my experience. Once warmed up, it should be 7250. TBH I don't go much above 6500 these days anyway. The exception is on track when I may need to hold a gear longer to avoid upshifting on a curve/bend.

ha..ha..ha Shut up.

The same questions get asked multiple times. If you just use the search tool then you can find out the answer.

Could you enlighten me with some more of your track tips?

Golf GTD Mk7
7200? really? mine usually cuts out around 7k. Sometime if the car hasn't been driven hard for a while the engine needs loosening. Engine temp also as said.

182 FF
Tried it today after driving for about 15-20 mins steady driving and it still cut in early :mad:
So i then drove it in the lower gears and a bit harder to get it hotter and tried again and then it reved all the way :D
So basically you need to thrash it or drive it half way across the country to get the whole of the rev range?
My Honda vtecs would not engage until warm but you must need the Clio oil on fire!

182 FF
Will do ;)
It s possible that i ve resorted to driving like a girl since picking up a few points and actually don t get it hot enough :boring:

Will do ;)
It s possible that i ve resorted to driving like a girl since picking up a few points and actually don t get it hot enough :boring:

It'll be up to temp after about 15 mins of normal driving from cold.

Coolanttemp.png

Max. engine speeds for a coolant temperature < 75°C 6,700 rpm
for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 1st or 2nd gear 7,200 rpm
for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 3rd, 4th or 5th speed 7,000 rpm

R26
:D
It'll be up to temp after about 15 mins of normal driving from cold.

Coolanttemp.png

Max. engine speeds for a coolant temperature < 75°C 6,700 rpm
for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 1st or 2nd gear 7,200 rpm
for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 3rd, 4th or 5th speed 7,000 rpm

where do you get this document from? it seems handy to have?
cheers :)

PH-QUICK
Peak power is about 6300 on a standard 172 so not much point in taking it to the limiter.

Well there is.

You'll still be getting a little under peak power in the extra rpm, rather than having to change up and drop back down the power curve. Staying in the same gear longer also means the top speed in each gear is higher, I enjoy hitting 70 in 2nd;)

Also now get 52mpg trundling along at 70 on the motorway. Cant argue with that. So in a few thousand miles will pay for itself, not that thats the reason anyone on here would get a remap, but still nice to have.