ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ribblehead Viaduct meet/drive sun 23rd May

None
Lets see if we can get another meet/drive sorted before FCS, the 23rd is the last weekend before the may bank holiday so it should be quiet(ish) :)

still two and half weeks yet so we'll start a list and who might be interested, matt8586 is going to sort the route as he has done this drive before. I am easy on times so i'll leave that open for discussion.

1. Ste666
2. Matt8586

Yeah this should me a really good drive and day out.

Did this run about a month or so ago and there are some truley epic roads!

Here is the route, starting in Keighley at BD21 3NJ (carpark outside commet)

Then upto Skipton - Settle - Ribblehead Viaduct - Hawes - Buckden - Grassington - back to Keighey (BD21 3NJ)

Plenty of stops up there for photos, and beer gardens!

Ste ile send you the google maps link if you can embed it (dont know how to lol)

Try this link peoples..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=BD21+3NJ&daddr=skipton+to:Settle,+North+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom+to:Hawes+to:Buckden,+Skipton-on-Swale+to:Grassington,+Skipton-on-Swale+to:BD21+3NJ&geocode=FVkONgMdoeri_ynRfGZRx-97SDEUBouUh6R-qw%3BFRJhNwMd2Ezh_ykPer8zvvN7SDEXkUiEKbVFWg%3BFZ8TOQMdii_d_ynTpOtfiYd7SDHRmPKG7UPEHQ%3B%3BFTflOgMd9hng_ymJ2FMJ2wx8SDE5dhp-Jk8SlQ%3BFcoQOQMdmIHh_ymZxzj_kgl8SDEQ9mztnvkMBQ%3BFVkONgMdoeri_ynRfGZRx-97SDEUBouUh6R-qw&hl=en&mra=pe&mrcr=1,2&sll=54.069876,-2.122563&sspn=0.783272,2.458191&ie=UTF8&ll=54.090006,-2.125854&spn=0.782907,2.458191&z=9

Last edited:
  None
Looks a really good route matt cheers for that, looking forward to taking the clio up there, i've been meaning to do that run since buying it last year.

I'm not brilliant with embedding the maps either matt but the link you put in works fine anyway :)

Last edited:
I can suggest a better route if anyone wants to know it?
Its just dependant how back roady you want it to be.

I work on sundays but ill get it off to show my ugly face.

None
I think the route you suggested marco is a good one but probably better for those who know the roads, It might be a bit tricky for a convoy of 5-10 cars (i'm being optimistic ;)) with all the turns in that route, we nearly got split up on the Halifax meet the other week and we did end up losing one guy so i think matt's route might be a little better for making sure everyone gets to ribblehead for the classy photo shoot :D

We could do with suggestions of a good pub(with food) somewhere up there if anyone has any idea's?........preferably not in a town centre though :)

That roads quality :) The lowered cars wont have trouble as long as they dont take off haha. If we went that way I could lead. Id give plenty of warning for the dodgy corners on the whole drive...
The Vic at kirby malham serves a mint 20oz steak.
I know both roads equally well so lets just hope that its not busy!

None
And there is a nice looking country pub in a place called Bainbridge called the Rose & Crown Hotel.
I like the look of this place :)

I know both roads equally well so lets just hope that its not busy!

Or p*ssing it down that day ;), i have an image of several soaked CS members standing under the viaduct waiting for the rain to pass :rasp:

Does anyone know how to PM everyone on the west yorkshire meets list seeing as though we don't have a rep now?, might as well give everyone on the list a chance to see the thread :)

If its wet it will be more fun ;) ive never actually been underneath the viaduct because there doesnt seem to be a road that leads to it. Thew gravel layby is fun for a quick turn around.

RB R26.R
if it ok im in.
only been to one meet before. seems like a good way to celebrate the end of my degree (finishes on the weds)
if i have the clio (dont keep it at uni cos i study in bradford and its a heep) i will certainly attend.

where abouts is the ribblehead on the map?
dont want to sound dumb just i may peel off for masham and northallerton to go home.

None
if it ok im in.
only been to one meet before. seems like a good way to celebrate the end of my degree (finishes on the weds)
if i have the clio (dont keep it at uni cos i study in bradford and its a heep) i will certainly attend.

where abouts is the ribblehead on the map?
dont want to sound dumb just i may peel off for masham and northallerton to go home.
Hello mate, below is the location of the viaduct but if you stay with us after that we will be heading further north to hawes then aysgarth, we will be turning right just after aysgarth to drop back to grassington but if you stay on that that road it will take you back to leyburn then just go right for masham or straight on for northallerton, neither of those two place are that far from the route planned :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=h&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF8&ll=54.209632,-2.370622&spn=0.009136,0.036049&z=16

RB R26.R
Hello mate, below is the location of the viaduct but if you stay with us after that we will be heading further north to hawes then aysgarth, we will be turning right just after aysgarth to drop back to grassington but if you stay on that that road it will take you back to leyburn then just go right for masham or straight on for northallerton, neither of those two place are that far from the route planned :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=h&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF8&ll=54.209632,-2.370622&spn=0.009136,0.036049&z=16

cheers mate, will do. hopefully the weather will be prime!

None
Spoke to a new guy on here today who said he might be intersted so i'll put his name down.

1. Ste666
2. Matt8586
3. Mike
4. Marco
5. hhh182
6. chriscummins7

Oh and i'll put a time down for the meet as say 10:00am and look to be setting off for the drive about 10:30am but if anyone wants to change that i'm ok with it :)

Spoke to a new guy on here today who said he might be intersted so i'll put his name down.

1. Ste666
2. Matt8586
3. Mike
4. Marco
5. hhh182
6. chriscummins7

Oh and i'll put a time down for the meet as say 10:00am and look to be setting off for the drive about 10:30am but if anyone wants to change that i'm ok with it :)

Sounds good to me mate - just hope my car is fixed for this...

RB R26.R
times good for me too, out of interest does this drive include the buttertubs?
apologise for my lack of knowledge lol

Sounds great to me Matt, the longer the better, what's wrong with the car by the way?

One of the rear Eibachs have snapped, so I'm waiting for a replacment set to be fitted....

Should be a really good run this, some amazing roads on the route.

Lets all try stick together this time, so no wanabe Jenson Button's lol

None
If it had of been this week or last week i would have had to pull out, been laid up with a back injury for last two weeks, couldn't move for four days, the diazepam definately helps though.......along with several other drugs :)
Starting to mend now though so should be allright for this meet.