ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride Height+Handling ?

Clio 172 Cup
Ive been having this on going handling problem for a while now where the steering feels very loose, sometimes feels like the wheels are skipping, driving on ice feeling etc. Car always pulls to the right when braking and accelerating hard. Was just washing the car last week and noticed that the rear right ride height is lower than the left side by about an inch. Does anyone in the know think that could be my problem ? maybe a spring or something ?

Williams 2 & 200
Yeah check your shocks for leaks and see if any springs have snapped. I was replacing my CV Boot clip at the weekend and found the top part of my spring had snapped off and was just hanging there but it hasn't affected handling yet.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The shocks can weep but not actually have a shed load of fluid pouring out of them so it might not be that obvious.
You need to look under that rubber sleeve to see the top cap of the shock.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Have a look at the spring whilst your under there as that will affect the ride height if it's moved out of place or snapped etc.

When my rear damper blew the lower part was always wet, even in dry weather so it was obvious it had gone. the back end of the car was very knocky and crashy, and would occassionally break loose round bends.

lift number 1 @ btm
if there is an inch difference left to right (assuming the car was on a completely level surface) on standard suspension, i would be worried to be honest.

have it all checked over, the stub axles can be bent and the rear beam can also be deformed, so i'd include them in the checks too.

172 16v
i had exactly the same prob mate for months tried changing springs front top mounts still no gud jus change back shockers as the were pissin fluid out it feels like a totally different car mate i would change them first as i spent loads on stuff that it wasnt even the prob lol

Mondeo TDCi
i have this exact problem but not all the time, occasionally the steering feels pretty vague. my rear shocks went on my 172 when i had it, but it didnt feel like this...