ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robs Crash

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
CHRIST!!!

i'm just glad you're both ok!! cars can be replaced fella, even if it is gutting at the time

i wish you both a speedy recovery!

fook me!!

glad your ok, makes me feel abit safer in my clio after seing that

probably a different story if you were in a mk1

Clio 182.
Holy Crud thats bad. Shame about the car but good that everyone is okay.

Just out of interest, where is that? i live in Castleford and that road looks pretty familiar. In fact, it looks a lot like where my brother crashed his car - back end went out on the mud - but i cant really tell.

Mondeo ST220
f**k, glad everyones ok though.

my airbags didnt go off in a rather big accident either, tad worrying

306 GTI-6
Glad you're ok, looks like one hell of a crash, and at least its one that you can talk about down the pub and be thankful that you're both ok.

Are those lexus rear lights? It's a bit of a drastic method to decide you want rid of them!

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Jesus,there isnt one straight panel.

Hope everyone gets better soon

Any word from the pigs on this one

Less
Nasty as, and even worse being there seeing rob covered in blood. But 10/10 for the clio, no deformation in the footwell at all.

clio 200 F4Rt
Pretty savage!

glad people are ok tho!

have to say, clio looks in pretty good shape if it rolled 5 or 6 times!

172 cup
It was unreal - scary stuff - just glad Carl and Rob are ok, you wouldnt think so looking at those pics........

SL.

Valver
Dirt stack, good to know your OK though. Shock to the system when this stuff happens, its a fine line between cruising down the road hunky-dory and sitting in a twisted lump of metal. Doubt my valver eggshell would hold up as well as your motor :S

Family Bus
Did my carhartt jacket survive??? or has it gone forever?

I've got it!! Its in the car...needs a wash!! Was wondering whose that was!

WIll get the bloodstains out for ya and save it til we next meet up!!!

Still feeiling bad today about it all....poor Rob what a sh*tter :(

Megane 230 R26
Ouch, glad you were both ok guys. Looks like the side airbags did their job, and those roofs are stronger than they look :eek:

Nasty, glad everyones ok..

But why didn't the steering wheel and passenger side air bag not blow up?

Because there was no significant frontal impact, no point in smashing someone in the face with god knows how much force if they're not moving forwards with any force that needs arresting. Also if someone is being subjected to significant lateral force (which they were, it was a roll and the side airbags deployed) and a front airbag fired while they weren't sat upright with their head upright etc, it could do more harm than good believe me! :S

Last edited:
Not being funny, but if you can prove the mud in the road was what caused the accident and that the farmer has left it there without cleaning it up then technically they could be liable for this.

Certainly worth speaking to a solicitor about. Thank god they're okay.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Glad you're ok, looks like one hell of a crash, and at least its one that you can talk about down the pub and be thankful that you're both ok.

Are those lexus rear lights? It's a bit of a drastic method to decide you want rid of them!

no they where std lights! they now look good tho;)

Did my carhartt jacket survive??? or has it gone forever?

lol all Rob was bothered about was getting blood on it.
yer sorry i dint know who gave me the jacket and felt bad getting blood on it! glad you know where it is now, :eek:

now i'm just got a bit of pain where the airbag when off in my ribs:dapprove:

still, lucky is was not much worse:D

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
as said before glad you are ok guys

hope you get all sorted thorugh insurance etc.

hope you back to fully fit soon

Less
Was worried u were going into shock mate, so took my jacket off to keep you warm. No worries about the blood etc had to be done.

Cheers Lil_blondie

Golf GTI PP Mk7
christ alive!

this has happened on a few CS meets now, gotta be careful everyone, especially this time of year.

really glad ur both ok guys!

now get down to halfords, get a big tub of t-cut, and get to work.

:)