ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rota Wheels...

I can see this going the way it always does, with the people who like the real deal being hated on because people have "saved money" (Dare I say it, they probably haven't).

Qua sere sera, whatever will be etc.

Ive had both geunine and rep wheels on previous cars (came on the cars) dont see the problem either way, if someone is stupid enough to pay over £1k on wheels thats upto them, personally i would never do it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I really like the design of Rota Slipstreams, what's the original version of them, spoon?

I was looking at some 2nd hand ones for my S13 I don't really see a problem as I won't be drifting or tracking it etc.

Might look elsewhere, that's if I ever get round to doing it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a set on my Scoob.

I had no idea they are apparently copies of some set of wheels I've never heard of until I've come on here... they were and still are to me, a set of wheels which are smaller and lighter than the god-awful piece of crap wrecked 18s I sold on. After selling/buying, I was £200 down but I had a nearly new set of wheels with ~200 miles on the tyres.

Still couldn't give a dying fluck if they are a copy as no one I know would know either !

:S

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Im not hating either way. Original Volk wheels are amazing. Anyone who wouldnt want the genuines its silly.

I was purely asking why Rotas are hated on this forum when highly recomended on pretty much every other forum. Thats all.

I think you're confusing recommended with chosen by those who want the volks/desmonds/SSR/Equip etc but can't afford them. Even if they were recommended you only have to look in the mechanical threads on this forum now with the children recommending £200 POS coilovers to realise that a recommendation on a forum from usually clueless fuckwits is worth nowt.

SQ5
Oh and..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326483940.352709.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326483940.352709.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 123
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326483953.187633.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326483953.187633.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 95
  Turbos.
People recommend what they have, wish is why a recommendation for anything on a forum is a dangerous thing!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think you're confusing recommended with chosen by those who want the volks/desmonds/SSR/Equip etc but can't afford them. Even if they were recommended you only have to look in the mechanical threads on this forum now with the children recommending £200 POS coilovers to realise that a recommendation on a forum from usually clueless f**kwits is worth nowt.

Post of the year so far for me.

Facepalmland coilovers ftw? Right?

SQ5
People recommend what they have, wish is why a recommendation for anything on a forum is a dangerous thing!

And unfortunately 172's are now affordable for chavs to get their "lowzz" with, this forum is becoming inundated with f**king no brained idiots recommending s**t because they had it a month and been on the forum two

You'll get some pictures of broken Rays/Volks now.

Difference is, I smacked a pair of Regamasters so hard I cracked a driveshaft, bent a subframe, bent the lower arms and the toe arms, yet despite being very bent themselves they still held air and I was still able to nurse it home. Had they been Rota Slips, I dare say they would have collapsed and a s**t load more components would have been smashed up too.

Using them pictures is stupid, you dont know whats happened to them wheels. I smacked an advan rg up a curb hard with no damage at all, but i also done the same with a rota with no damage at all, rota wheels are cool, and are as strong as anything else that isn't forged., copys and rip offs probably, but they do the job of being a good looking wheel at a reasonable price v's being a good looking wheel that is very light and very strong at an obsurb price, you make your choices and get what you want/can afford.

- its easy to find pictures of broken wheels of any make.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
And unfortunately 172's are now affordable for chavs to get their "lowzz" with, this forum is becoming inundated with f**king no brained idiots recommending s**t because they had it a month and been on the forum two

LOL I've really never ever understood that comment! 172's/CTR's/St's were always cheap, and always have been a Chav car from day 1?

I think his point is that even if you're broke you can get an EP3/1*2 for less than the max limit of one modest credit card rather than several.

If you can't afford the £1500-2000 new, keep a look out on forums and buy the real deal second hand. I bought a set of Rota Torques for £400 and they were s**t. Six months later i managed to find some CE28n's for £800 and the difference in quality was night and day. In the real word £400 is not a lot for piece of mind, plus they look 100000x better.

Buy cheap buy twice.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I think his point is that even if you're broke you can get an EP3/1*2 for less than the max limit of one modest credit card rather than several.

Fair enough.

All the Chavs ( I suppose me too, EP3 Type R is a chavvy car really) round here have newish Corsa VXR's now. They seem to have had the 172s a few years ago and have moved on now?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
If you can't afford the £1500-2000 new, keep a look out on forums and buy the real deal second hand. I bought a set of Rota Torques for £400 and they were s**t. Six months later i managed to find some CE28n's for £800 and the difference in quality was night and day. In the real word £400 is not a lot for piece of mind, plus they look 100000x better.

Buy cheap buy twice.

Thanks for that, I guess 2nd hand is the best approach.

Refurb the stockers which all have nearly new P Zero's on (Although 1 is the Asymetrical one and the side wall font is different :() and then wait for some nice rims to come up :)

Fair enough.

All the Chavs ( I suppose me too, EP3 Type R is a chavvy car really) round here have newish Corsa VXR's now. They seem to have had the 172s a few years ago and have moved on now?

Opposite round this neck of the woods, yes there are lads in new VXR's but most are in crappy old corsa B's 1*2's, EP3, ST170's etc.

Thanks for that, I guess 2nd hand is the best approach.

Refurb the stockers which all have nearly new P Zero's on (Although 1 is the Asymetrical one and the side wall font is different :() and then wait for some nice rims to come up :)

|No worries. Id stick with stock and spend the money saved on CIA, RBC, exhaust and K100 :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Very true! Doesn't matter how many times you leave everyone checks back.

Glad things are good mate.

Everything has been pretty much been covered to defend genuine wheels :approve:

I will make one more point tho! Second hand genuine wheels hold there money, in some cases they increase in value! if they have stopped making them brand new etc.

You can buy fakes brand new for alittle less then second hand genuine wheels but when it comes time to sell them secondhand they are worthless and you loose money.

Everything has been pretty much been covered to defend genuine wheels :approve:

I will make one more point tho! Second hand genuine wheels hold there money, in some cases they increase in value! if they have stopped making them brand new etc.

You can buy fakes brand new for alittle less then second hand genuine wheels but when it comes time to sell them secondhand they are worthless!

+1 on that. I managed to find some mug to buy my Ce28n's for £1,100, sweet!! He even paid £120 for my Volks caps.

SQ5
LOL I've really never ever understood that comment! 172's/CTR's/St's were always cheap, and always have been a Chav car from day 1?

172 insurance has always been expensive which held them back a year or so too.

Forgot to say that too Winston, I thought about that. You can buy 2nd and sell 3rd hand for the same price with genuine wheels so why wouldn't you wait and save a little bit extra!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Second hand gen wheels won't come with new tyres though will they?

Buy fakes IMO, get exactly what you want, all new and sparkly in a box with brand new tyres.

I'd love to see how many on here that go on about wheels download music/films/programs illegally.

I'd love to see how many on here that go on about wheels download music/films/programs illegally.

And fakes don't come with tyres unless you pay for them :rasp:

I do not illegally download any of the above:approve:

Buy fakes IMO, get exactly what you want, all new and sparkly in a box with brand new tyres.

Some used wheels come with tyres, some new ones don't. Depends where/how you're buying them so that statement isn't very accurate tbh.

All new, sparkly and s**te ;) They really are terrible quality.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I would be dubious about cheap reps, however I would be more worried about 2nd hand rims having slight bends in them etc. I hate driving with the slightest balancing issues :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Anyone who spends more than their rust bucket is worth for a set of wheels on a daily drive is a f**king mong.

I understand the need for being pure and all that tosh but the stupid prices people charge for wheels is one of the reasons companies like BBs went to the wall.