ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RR Results - RSTuner

Phase 2 172 Cup
Had the car on the rollers yesterday, made 187.7.

the Cup has cone air filter set into standard air box with both feeds still on
KTec unsilenced decat
KTec full cat back 182 look syste
RSTuner 97ron and performance map

firstly, does this figure of a 16bhp increase seem about right for my mods?

and secondly, can anyone (HENK maybe) explain my massive drop in torque around 3000 RPM??

heres my graph

clio1mar09.jpg

A ANIMAL
16hp sounds alot. But not impossible, depends on your starting figure as they vary alot.

At a guess (i'm no expert) but the loss of torque @ 3k could be due to manifold pressure because of the cone filter. Just a guess though

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Did it run 171 std? Or are you assuming that?!

not a great curve tbh. My graph also Dastek with the same mods + Inlets. 186bhp.

DSC00813.jpg

Phase 2 172 Cup
Why do your curves not cross, i think thats the first graph iv ever seen than doesnt cross....

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Why didn't you do a run with the standard map first, then a run with the RSTuner after and compare them?

hmm very strange curve this

what scale is the torque cant quite make it out, if its a small scale may be exagerating any dips...

seems a generous RR to me

Yeah, my car dyno'd at 179.7bhp last year at A.I. chris, my car was standard back then, which on a standard 172 is impossible.

A.I. rollers have been known to read quite high.

Last edited:
186 at the fly, 170 at the wheels? Means roughly transmission losses of 8.9% healthiest ever lol lol lol

I think you need to speak to the operator and find out whats what

So, a ~30bhp wheel hp increase from a decat and a remap. I might get those mods done to my 182. Bingo! 205bhp.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah, my car dyno'd at 179.7bhp last year at A.I. chris, my car was standard back then, which on a standard 172 is impossible.

A.I. rollers have been known to read quite high.

We were all there & RR'd same day

Mine made 183.8 bhp!
At the time my 172 was completely standard all but a set of Turini's

DSC_0377.jpg

All figures given as Max outputs :)

Wheels ~ 151.3 BHp
Engine ~ 183.8 BHp
Torque ~ 153.8 lbft

Given that a std 172 should be around 168bhp;
15bhp from a set of Turini's? Any wonder they're on almost every car on here :rasp:

NI RR day 24/02/08
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=304619

Cro

Meg'd r27
Ahh the roller flamers! Yeah 170 atw seems pretty high, but other cars were pretty much bang on the money, mine was down on power than before with my torque sorted out which is exactly what i expected.

The 5th gear cup made 182 which is more than likely bang on with the bmc and full system. Same rollers, same day and plenty of people leaving unhappy that they didnt make the power they thought.

The ferarri 355 made ....... 355 doesn't get much more on the money than that imo.

However I will say as some rollers do tend to read different, it's only used as a guideline and the best way I can use the results are by using the same rollers everytime I get one done, that way the results can be compared against previous ones and mods based on that!

The ferarri 355 made ....... 355 doesn't get much more on the money than that imo.

the 355 refers to engine size dude not power output, should be 376bhp iirc

I'm sorry but theres noway that car is making 170bhp at the wheels (ie given 17% trans losses 199bhp at the fly just roffle)

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Ahh the roller flamers! Yeah 170 atw seems pretty high, but other cars were pretty much bang on the money, mine was down on power than before with my torque sorted out which is exactly what i expected.

The 5th gear cup made 182 which is more than likely bang on with the bmc and full system. Same rollers, same day and plenty of people leaving unhappy that they didnt make the power they thought.

However I will say as some rollers do tend to read different, it's only used as a guideline and the best way I can use the results are by using the same rollers everytime I get one done, that way the results can be compared against previous ones and mods based on that!

Haha FLOL!! The F355 is called F355 as its a 3.5 litre with 5 valves per cylinder, not because of its BHP! They should be 380bhp....... :rasp:

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
the 355 refers to engine size dude not power output, should be 376bhp iirc

I'm sorry but theres noway that car is making 170bhp at the wheels (ie given 17% trans losses 199bhp at the fly just roffle)

Dammit you beat me..... by like 5 mins. Where's my refresh button... lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My old tuned hybrid only made 153bhp atw and that was quick! There's no chance in hell thats making 170atw.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep she was sweet. Holds a special place in my heart..:) Still that ran a 14.0 dead so a quick hybrid and was "only" 153atw on several RR's which is roughly 190bhp or so its generally worked out to be.

for a 172 to be 170atw it'd have to have ALOT of work..

fabia vrs
read some where (performance french car):

'It's said that the cup inlet manifolds were hand-picked, with only tht best castings being used. There's no evidence of this - exccept that jon says he's never seen a cup making less then 179 bhp !'

taken from the january 2009 performance french cars mag.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Haha FLOL!! The F355 is called F355 as its a 3.5 litre with 5 valves per cylinder, not because of its BHP! They should be 380bhp....... :rasp:

Haha brilliant, I must tell the guy that was roading his car for his friend. Not a ferarri buff myself :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
These rolling road threads make me pity them fools

If you make more than 185bhp the rollers are broken/inaccurate

If your car runs less than 170bhp, your cars fucked.

You cant win!

E46 330d Sport
Mine run yesterday on the same rollers

Wheels 171.2@6,725
Engine 188.5@6,773
Torque 156.1@5,610

Dont have a scanner 2 put the graph up, but it's got itg maxogen, Janspeed system & a de-cat. Does that sound out of the way. One of the mates had his civic on the rollers in ecc on Sat & there was only a difference of 1bhp compared 2 his run yesterday.

Ph1

Wheels 171.2@6,725
Engine 188.5@6,773
Torque 156.1@5,610

Dont have a scanner 2 put the graph up, but it's got itg maxogen, Janspeed system & a de-cat. Does that sound out of the way. One of the mates had his civic on the rollers in ecc on Sat & there was only a difference of 1bhp compared 2 his run yesterday.

You havent read this topic have you? :rolleyes:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Wheels 171.2@6,725
Engine 188.5@6,773
Torque 156.1@5,610

Not mate. Your car will prob be 140atw. It doesnt make fly power, at the wheels with simple mods. You'd be lucky with ALOT of mods. 170atw would be well into the 200's.

Just to clear up with anyone who may be confused, AT THE WHEELS BHP is what matters, and is what a rolling road measures. The flywheel output is a calculated guess by the rr. I wont go into how those figures are worked out...

Anyway engine power is lost driving the tansmission so not all of the engines power makes it to the road!

Typically a fwd car like our clio's are known to have transmission losses of 17% give or take, so from a wheel BHP figure you can roughy calculate true flywheel power

The fact that these cars are making 170 at the wheels baffles me!!! Thats more than what a standard car makes at the flywheel!!!!! Or 200bhp at the fly no chance.

Go back and give the rr operator a slap!

Phase 2 172 Cup
I love the way with all the bullsh1t spoken in this thread, noone has managed to actually post anything useful, nor answer my question

what a great website

Ph1
Even Renault got told bulls**t power figures hence the reason why the Sports are always down on power :rasp:

well do you have a graph from the car before the mods to put up so we can compare????

IMO 16bhp is optimistic but all dyno's read differently.... On two diff sets of rollers my car made 193bhp and 177bhp with no changes!!

As for the torque thing i have no idea...., it seems to randomly spike...but i think the scale of the graph exaggerates it tbh

Anyway, stop being a little b**ch about it. We are pointing out that your rolling road operator has obv. made some sort of error to produce you torque spike and an at the wheel output of 30bhp up on where it should be!!!! GET IT??

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Anyway, stop being a little b**ch about it. We are pointing out that your rolling road operator has obv. made some sort of error to produce you torque spike and an at the wheel output of 30bhp up on where it should be!!!! GET IT??

Couldnt have put it better myself..lol

Wheels 171.2@6,725
Engine 188.5@6,773
Torque 156.1@5,610

Hi pal is there anychance you could scan up the graph, just curious to see if yours has the same torque spike???

we have a how much is my car worth sticky, time for a is my rolling road output accurate thread sticky pmsl with an education about RR's at the start

Phase 2 172 Cup
Toony if your so concerned about the RR result, why not ring Ai Autosport and inform them, as your clearly an expert in the matter.

im asking why i have a large dip in torque at 3000 rpm

as in, is it a problem with the RSTuner remap?