ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner/198 map review

In one word, amazing. I know everyone says how good this is, but I was always sceptical. But I did my 172 yesterday and the results are, as I said, amazing.
It was easy to do, the only problems I had were because I was rushing to do it and not giving other people enough time, Henk etc. But it was pretty simple once I'd got everything sorted.
On the road ? well first thing you'll notice is the idle, which is nice and smooth. None of that annoying hunting revs why it warms up. The next thing you'll notice is just how smooth it uses the power, no jerkiness or power surges. It just accelerates smoothly through every gear all the way through the rev range. Although I did miss the 5k kick.
I took it out again this morning on some a roads and it just seemed even better, and that was with a full set of wheels and suspension in the back of the car.
If anyone is thinking of doing this then I say just go for it, It's well worth the £169. Especially when you get £110 back if you sell the Tuner.

2003 Clio 172
I don't have anything bad to say about the map but haven't really noticed that big of a difference either.
Low-end torque is slightly better but the idle seems pretty much the same to me.
Maybe I'll have to restore the stock map to really appreciate it I guess.

My idle on start up used range 750 to 1500 until it warmed up, and when I drove it with a cold engine it was very jerky. This morning it idled smoothly from start up and drove very smoothly straight away. I do miss the kick at 5k though, although I'm sure it wasn't good for the engine.