ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scenic shifter info needed

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Wondering what you are combining with the scenic shifter setup.

Are you:

A. using just the shifter with not stiff shift.

If so, how does it feel?

B. using it with a yanoo kit.
If so, which kit are you using.

C. Any other modification setup.

Have just had a few mixed pieces of advice so am a bit confused what to go for.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Standard scenic = sloppy as the clio set up.
scenic with yanoo = perfect for daily/road/track car use, Takes around 50% of the sloppiness out.
Pure MS shifter = for men only! track use, it will do your tits in fitted to a daily.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm using it with yanoo 3.0 and when it was all new it felt amazing, very stiff and precise. I just have a bit of an ongoing issue with something causing slop.

I'd recommend bending the gearstick backwards though. It's way too close to the radio as standard .

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
My standard shifter isn't sloppy though. Feels nice and tight. Maybe it already has a stiff shift. Can I check under the gaiter to see?

dan's cast offs.
just get pms one, the scenic one is the same set up so you're only really getting a longer shifter and a gaiter that doesn't fit on the shaft properly.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, that bad? I heard they vibrate quite a lot.
Come on, what shall I do. Ive got the shifter, just need to know what to put with it. Ocd will not allow me to settle on something untill I know full details.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm using it with yanoo 3.0 and when it was all new it felt amazing, very stiff and precise. I just have a bit of an ongoing issue with something causing slop.

I'd recommend bending the gearstick backwards though. It's way too close to the radio as standard .

Where's the slop? The small bush (plastic) below the gearstick its self can either break or run its cause.

Also I have the scenic shifter with the 1.0 and find it great for what I need.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Where's the slop? The small bush (plastic) below the gearstick its self can either break or run its cause.

Also I have the scenic shifter with the 1.0 and find it great for what I need.
I wish I knew. Tried changing a few bushes now and it's not sorted. It's not the one under the gearstick as thats brass and been replaced with the yanoo!

PMS is like £200 more expensive? Not like it's a direct alternative @bloke ;)

RB 182 Cup
Anyone got a part number for the Scenic shifter? There's none on eBay at the moment, might see if I can get one new from Renault.
And are the Stiff Shift kits still being produced and sold?

Scenic Shifter, Yanoo Stiff Shift 3.0, extra inch taken off the linkage.
I like that the 3.0 allows you to dial in the stiffness, and the Scenic Shifter and shortened linkage put the stick in a much nicer place.
Would definitely get my vote on a road car.
just get pms one, the scenic one is the same set up so you're only really getting a longer shifter and a gaiter that doesn't fit on the shaft properly.
The tower is higher on the Scenic shifter, and raises the gear knob significantly, and for cost/effort, I don't think it can be faulted.

Can you get the stiff shift kit without the stick as I have the scenic stick fitted but it is sloppy compared to the original one. I'd have a pms one but don't want it vibrating all the time.
Thanks

Yea mines normal bushes inside its not too bad really only I have a civic type r as my everyday car and it makes the clios gear shift feel really crap. Mite just get a pms one I think

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Just going to use normal bushes in mine. If its crap I will change it over.
Its proving hard to get hold of a stiff shift.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got a link to that thread where it has pics of where you need to chop the linkage and by how much to lean the gearstick towards the driver slightly please?
Cant use the search bar on this phone for some reason.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/moving-the-gearstick-back-mod.576582/

I did mine a few months ago and cut off approx 2cm, went back to it this weekend just gone and probably cut the same off again.
The female sleeve now pretty much bottoms out on the male section you cut so I wouldn't want to do anymore (it'll make sense when you look at it).
Oh and definitely do what the thread says and mark it so you know where the two parts slide back together, I lost my mark and only had a couple of gears causing myself 10 mins of trial and error getting it set up again.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
It's a sleeve joint, yes you can just slide it a bit further together but you can't do it enough to notice a difference in my experience. Either cut the male part down, or as someone has suggested on that thread there's nothing stopping you from cutting the female section down and re-cutting the notch so it can still clamp up on the male part.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, I see.
I think I will need to be underneath to get the full picture.
I don't have to stretch really far for the stick so will just go a bit at a time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You can slide it yes. You need to cut a bit off. Tony hunter did it ages ago, that's my first memory of it.