ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scenic shifter info needed

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Would need to be taken out and in a vice at the least. Obviously I would do it in situ as immensely powerfull

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thought it would be best to keep it in one thread.

Just bought this, believe it maybe @bashracing old one.

Scenif shifter with yanoo 3.0 stiff shift.

Where does the white ball gear knob thing come from.. and can i buy a black one? White is just a bit too aftermarket for me.

IMG_6210.JPG

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
yep, pair of mole grips and twist and pull,
buy the black knob of eBay, drill hole out to slightly smaller than the shifter shaft and tap it on with a rubber mallet
:up:

I reckon it's done more miles with royal mail than it did in my hillclimb car now

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
yep, pair of mole grips and twist and pull,
buy the black knob of eBay, drill hole out to slightly smaller than the shifter shaft and tap it on with a rubber mallet
:up:

I reckon it's done more miles with royal mail than it did in my hillclimb car now

Any links mate? Does it need to be a specific one? Do you know if the clio one would fit?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
All depends on the size of the hole in the knob itself. Sure you can make it fit if its to big with some resin or alike.
If to small then drill it out as said above.

I believe @ADS1982 bought one of those furry tail butt plugs for his gearknob if that helps.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
All depends on the size of the hole in the knob itself. Sure you can make it fit if its to big with some resin or alike.
If to small then drill it out as said above.

I believe @ADS1982 bought one of those furry tail butt plugs for his gearknob if that helps.
Surely a tiny knob like yours won't fit in the hole,no matter what persuasion you give it

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Where does the white one come from as majority of these scenic shifters ive seen has it?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That's a story not related to this thread. General chat under 'things I like' is where that belongs. Iirc.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got a white knob and it doesn't look too out of place.

I've got carbon dash/steering wheel inserts so I just think it looks a bit aftermarket. Plus my girlfriend said it looks like a lightbulb/dildo...

I've ordered the black one, hopefully I can make it fit.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I google'd your engineering term! Makes sense though. So just drill slightly bigger than the shaft and force it on.
No the other way around. You want to drill it slightly smaller so you have to "force" it on.

If you drill it bigger it's going to be floppy and loose.

I'd recommend buying some cheap vernier calipers on eBay so you can measure the diameter of the shaft. Comes in handy for so many other things too and for £10 ish its a good investment.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if I'm being blind but I couldn't see it listed on this thread.. what year/model/engined cars come with the shifter we want?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just had another look at my shifter and this part is broken, meaning I cant select reverse. I didnt spot it when I received it so I assume it's somehow happened in the garage. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it, or can I buy a replacement 'sleeve'?

@bashracing @dann2707

image.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Mine's a bit different to yours, however the outer sleeve came away from the inner bit of mine which meant that the full thing didn't lift up so I couldn't get reverse.

I just slapped aload of Gorilla Glue on it and it's been fine ever since.