ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sean's bg 182 track car/introduction

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Hi there,

Been on here for a while but rarely post up. Recently been looking at other peoples cars and must say I'm mighty impressed. I'm from kent and I have a 182 as a track car started out a few years ago when I was 18 I bought a Clio 182 as a stop gap and fell in love with it, unfortunately the car got written off after a year of owning it, I wanted to go again with another one and build a track car so I decided to get a shell and build up from what I had left from mine.
Found a shell in black gold and I have a few pictures to show the then and now of my car I will do a build thread later on when I get a chance

Current spec is standard engine and head with prima cams and super tech valves, matched inlets and mapped - made 190.4bhp at engine dynamics

Chassis is kwv2 with a white line rarb, and a full geo set up and Megane brembo callipers machined to fit with standard size discs ( brembo hc ) and ferodo ds3000 pads all round and ate super blue fluid

Cup racer sabelt seat steering wheel and harness and the latest mod is a custom 6 point full weld in cage!

Hope to get out next summer and go on some track days with the lads and lasses on here!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a little fly by from snetterton last month, couple other clios there any one from here :)?

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
@NorthloopCup thanks mate, well I've bought a 197 engine and gear box to convert into the car but the more I think about it the more i don't want the aggro of one day on a track day I snap a drive shaft and I'm stuck instead of nipping to euro's to get me out of trouble if that makes sense? So that's now for sale

Other wise just fit a pms strengthen kit for the rear beam, I want to buy your incredible hubs for sure! Replace all the bushes for the rose jointed bushes and fit a diff preferably a gripper and possibly some itbs as I already have cams and supertech valves so hopefully clear the 200bhp mark!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
@NorthloopCup thanks mate, well I've bought a 197 engine and gear box to convert into the car but the more I think about it the more i don't want the aggro of one day on a track day I snap a drive shaft and I'm stuck instead of nipping to euro's to get me out of trouble if that makes sense? So that's now for sale

Other wise just fit a pms strengthen kit for the rear beam, I want to buy your incredible hubs for sure! Replace all the bushes for the rose jointed bushes and fit a diff preferably a gripper and possibly some itbs as I already have cams and supertech valves so hopefully clear the 200bhp mark!
Just build the 197 engine into the 172 block mate if you wanted to keep the reliability side of things regards the shafts. That's what I've done with mine, albeit a tad more extreme over the standard setup. Lol!
I'll be honest though, I've never seen a shaft on one of these or a 197 snap!

I'd be tempted to take the block and gearbox etc off your hands if you went that route. :wink:

Let me know when your wanting hubs mate and we can sort something out! I can get the grippers as well. :up:

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Just build the 197 engine into the 172 block mate if you wanted to keep the reliability side of things regards the shafts. That's what I've done with mine, albeit a tad more extreme over the standard setup. Lol!
I'll be honest though, I've never seen a shaft on one of these or a 197 snap!

I'd be tempted to take the block and gearbox etc off your hands if you went that route. :wink:

Let me know when your wanting hubs mate and we can sort something out! I can get the grippers as well. :up:
image.png

That's all that I have mate I'm happy to work something with this and he hubs:grin:

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's a shame you didn't mention the hubs sooner as I've just done another gb for them, and they're nearly ready to collect. Would've been ideal otherwise.
Ah what a fail! Oh well mate this car isn't gonna be seeing the Tarmac for the rest of the year now I doubt so I'm in no rush for them but I'd love to get on the next batch I'll have to keep my ears on it lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ah what a fail! Oh well mate this car isn't gonna be seeing the Tarmac for the rest of the year now I doubt so I'm in no rush for them but I'd love to get on the next batch I'll have to keep my ears on it lol
Yeah a bit of a shitter tbf! Ha ha! Sounds like mine buddy! It's not moved since last November.......perfection takes time. Lol!

I'll pm you when we are going again. :up:

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Yeah a bit of a shitter tbf! Ha ha! Sounds like mine buddy! It's not moved since last November.......perfection takes time. Lol!

I'll pm you when we are going again. :up:
Brilliant nice one!

Mines gonna be far from perfect mate but I'm not very mechanically minded so I've always been on the sidelines even building the car up until now my friends have done the majority of the work so this winters work i want to have a go myself albeit under supervision from them haha

I've read your build thread from start to finish and I must say its amazing man massive credit to you amazing workmanship amazing spec going to be a smashing little car!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Brilliant nice one!

Mines gonna be far from perfect mate but I'm not very mechanically minded so I've always been on the sidelines even building the car up until now my friends have done the majority of the work so this winters work i want to have a go myself albeit under supervision from them haha

I've read your build thread from start to finish and I must say its amazing man massive credit to you amazing workmanship amazing spec going to be a smashing little car!
All I'd say is take your time and ask questions if your not sure on something.

Cheers. Should be once it's finished! When that will be, God only knows. Lol

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
All I'd say is take your time and ask questions if your not sure on something.

Cheers. Should be once it's finished! When that will be, God only knows. Lol
Yes mate most defiantly!
My car seemed to be using oil on the last few outings suspected piston rings so this is my opportunity to have a go at rebuilding an engine then I'll send the engine somewhere to be timed up correctly because I know how easy they are to get wrong (originally my car made 160bhp after cams being fitted and before it went to engine dynamics) lol

Take it your not going to Nurburgring this weekend then fair few clios going, had to forfit my spot... Gutted!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yes mate most defiantly!
My car seemed to be using oil on the last few outings suspected piston rings so this is my opportunity to have a go at rebuilding an engine then I'll send the engine somewhere to be timed up correctly because I know how easy they are to get wrong (originally my car made 160bhp after cams being fitted and before it went to engine dynamics) lol

Take it your not going to Nurburgring this weekend then fair few clios going, had to forfit my spot... Gutted!
Yeah it'll be rings or ring lands on the pistons mate.
They're not that bad if you use the right tools tbh. Easier to do out the car than in it though! Lol!

Nah got asked but it's the wrong time of year for me. Oh and the fact that the engine isn't mapped, it's got no loom, you get the jist! Ha ha!

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Yeah it'll be rings or ring lands on the pistons mate.
They're not that bad if you use the right tools tbh. Easier to do out the car than in it though! Lol!

Nah got asked but it's the wrong time of year for me. Oh and the fact that the engine isn't mapped, it's got no loom, you get the jist! Ha ha!

Will have to see how I get on!

Have you set a deadline for when you want the car finished mate or just as and when

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I've done a little build thread in the correct place now so feel free to delete this one !

Many thanks
Sean