ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv Light and Windscreen wipers!

As I drove out of the car park tonight, the Serv light on my 172 came on. "Odd" I thought, as its not due a service for another 6 months / 6000 miles.

I flicked the windscreen wiper switch from "off" to "auto" to make them wipe once as I normally do and nothing happened :confused: Flicked it to "on" and off they went. Strange I thought.

Serv light stayed on all the way home and windscreen wipers wouldnt just wipe once as they normally do.

Got home. Turned the car off. Turned it back on again, Serv light went off and stayed off, windscreen wipers started behaving normally again!

Thought, Id better go for a drive and check this out ;) - so I did - no problems Serv light stays off, windscreen wipers work fine.

Wierd. Any one have any ideas about why / what happened?

Id take it to the Renault garage and ask them, but I expect theyd say "looks ok now, bring it back if it does it again" - so I dont really want to waste my time. But does it keep a record of why it turned the Serv light on?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

serv light has nothing to do with servicing, other than that, i dont know. On a couple of occasions (in my two 1/2 years ownership) my 172 as refused to let the rear wiper work, no lights on dash though, and then all of a sudden it will start working again as if i imagined it.

I always thought it was a "friendly reminder" to get your car serviced that would come on at a set mileage / date and that it doubled as a "somethings wrong and you should look into it" light.

I should probably read the manual!

Ah well, maybe it was just having a funny moment. Hopefully it wont do it again.