ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service book missing.

Williams 1&2, LY182
I've recently bought a 172 cup from a mate, ive serviced this car since 2010 for him.
There is no service book, to back up any of the previous maintenance. The car has covered 88k and is in good running order.
My question is, would this put off potential buyers for the future sale? Even though I can back up service history for the last 5 years.

I know its not a new car, and things do get misplaced.
Your opinions are greatly received.
Thanks Matt

Williams 1&2, LY182
There is only the odd receipt, in the wallet.
I carried out a major service in 2013, belts and clutch, water pump, all fluids changed etc.... All receipts for the parts are present for this.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
If you wanted top money for it then yes it would put me off, if it was priced realistically and the car drove well with plenty of evidence that it had been looked after recently then no I wouldn't care.

Williams 1&2, LY182
Does anyone know if Renault would have a record of the services carried out by themselves in the early days of the cars life?
If so, is this possible to obtain a print out?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yes. if you know the supplying dealer they may still have a record. If they do ask for them to stamp the service book and send it out in the post. When i say stamp the service book, you buy one fro their parts dept.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I have a full service book from my old cup that i forgot to give when i sold it, complete in Renault folder with clio manual and all other books etc.
Will sell...:)

Williams 1&2, LY182
I'll have to see if I can track down the original dealership? Will my local dealership be able to tell me that?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Normally they will tell you within a local radius. Unless its changed and they can do a national search

Williams 1&2, LY182
I'll get on to them this week then, see what I can find out?

Any idea how much a service book costs?