ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your crash pics!!!

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
This is when some fuckwit drove into the side of mine at Uni over a year ago:

DSCF1125.jpg

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Mine of the old 1.4:

Photo0070.jpg

Photo0071.jpg

Photo0073.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

I hit a traffic island after I swerved to avoid someone who pulled out of a junction n didnt see me, you can see on one of the pics where they hit the rear of the car

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
I know it's not a Clio, but this is my brothers car after some slight modifications. He was lucky to come out of it with just a broken arm.
1d69f558.jpg

this is my old r32 , was mint when i sold it to my mate , told him to chage the tyres on the front as they were bold on edges the car slid of the road when he was hammering it on way home , he killed his mate in it , before and after , my mate sprayed the roof on it after i sold it to him , thats why the roof is a different colour
DSC00327.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

r32.jpg

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
That R32 is something else. I can't imagine killing a friend. I'd imagine I'd be doing myself in soon after.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Unreal. The l/h tyre actually looks illegal in that picture! Mental!

think the tyres were on the limit when i sold it to him and he just left them on there after i told him to change them still had same tyres on a month down the line when he smashed it , i value my life so dont put sh1t tyres on any of my car's , it was also raining when he smashed it up so roads were slippy , the lad who smashed the car was in a coma for 3 weeks i think and broke part of his spine , insurance didnt pay out either for some reason or another !! so he lost the 9k he payed me for the car and got locked up for killing his friend for dangerous driving

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That is really s**t, I couldn't imagine killing anybody with a car or doing that much damage to one!

If its not a taboo subject do you know what happened in the crash? Like where did he leave the road, what did it hit?

How is your mate now?

My 1.poo, oh how i miss it :(

21122007107.jpg

21122007105.jpg

Lol it was december hence the dirtiness, it did get cleaned see.

25112007064.jpg

Rolled it december 27th. Missed a lampost by about 2ft. I swerved off the road, up the verge, hit the wire fence which threw me over. rolled twice then onto the roof. Was fun tbh lol

10012008114.jpg

10012008113.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wonder why they didn't pay out.

Illegal tyres aren't a reason not to pay out btw. You'd have to prove the tyres contributed to the accident.

Hard thing to prove.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Wonder why they didn't pay out.

Illegal tyres aren't a reason not to pay out btw. You'd have to prove the tyres contributed to the accident.

Hard thing to prove.

Insurance are anal b******s, they'll do anything to not pay out.

Ive heard of them not paying out due to petrol caps/gear sticks not being declared etc

I heard of them not pay out on an Evo/imprezas because they removed the spoiler and had a 40mph crash, they put it down to no downforce :dapprove:

Hardly seems worth paying for insurance really.

That is really s**t, I couldn't imagine killing anybody with a car or doing that much damage to one!

If its not a taboo subject do you know what happened in the crash? Like where did he leave the road, what did it hit?

How is your mate now?

he was coming back from the pub in the car , think he had one to many to drink and was over the limit ,dont really speak to the lad much anymore , i think he flipped the car and hit someone's wall on the road down through lydney in gloucesteshire , think he was doing about 60-70mph in a 40mph zone , here is a old thread i started on another forum when it happened , was a fair few years ago , http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181494

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
he was coming back from the pub in the car , think he had one to many to drink and was over the limit ,dont really speak to the lad much anymore , i think he flipped the car and hit someone's wall on the road down through lydney in gloucesteshire , think he was doing about 60-70mph in a 40mph zone , here is a old thread i started on another forum when it happened , was a fair few years ago , http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181494

That's even worse! I'll have a read through it

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'd been seeing my girlfriend for only a week or so when I got a call that she'd been taken into hospital...

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

...thankfully she walked away with only bruises! Nobody knows what happened to this day; including those witnesses who saw the whole thing. The back end of the car kicked out, sent her nose first into a grass verge at the roadside, flipped the car over length ways, then rolled over back into the road. Unbelievably the airbags didn't even trigger!

A mate of mine decided to try and fight a tree with his back end and as you can see, he lost. Luckily no-one was hurt as it was actually a full car!
DE717650-C7BE-4190-8C8B-281F05DEA9A4_zpshbrvydus.jpg

Yeah, could've been a lot worse! I ended buying the whole thing off him for £50 and taking anything that was better on that than on mine, ended up saving myself quite a bit!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
mine from about 18 months ago

article-2183209-145D95DF000005DC-26_634x378.jpg

article-2183209-145CCD17000005DC-986_634x390.jpg

article-2183209-145CC822000005DC-940_634x352.jpg

Was in the ambulance, had just picked me and the missus up from crashing me BMW.

photo-1.jpg

Many.
Just looked through the whole thread, Mixed thoughts and emotions.

Heres my bike crash, 24th of April this year...
8DAB13EE-F617-40F1-B4F1-305F0B1A7092-3117-00000408F5517673.jpg

4F32D52D-3038-4FC2-B552-07B62F95B8F6-3117-00000409145C66EB.jpg

3E52D580-F14D-4098-8E36-BFF83164725B-3117-000004091FBF5968.jpg

Round a bend too fast in the wet, into kurb, I went sliding down the pavement, bike followed me until it hit a lamp post (thats where the lense came from), flung out into the middle of the road (apparently did a full flip), I broke my collarbone, ripped loads of skin off (was wearing correct gear) and spent a week in pain.

Clio Cup
Couple of Years ago in my first 172 - Own fault for making a Snap decision for a maccies and slipping on some ice - ABS sent the pedal spazzy - and these are the results
My own fault because i know i was probably going a bit quick - carrageway had anti skid paint and gritted , the slip road didnt.ethel2.jpgethel3.jpg

To be fair i was quite lucky to avoid the lamp post

Couple of Years ago in my first 172 - Own fault for making a Snap decision for a maccies and slipping on some ice - ABS sent the pedal spazzy - and these are the results
My own fault because i know i was probably going a bit quick - carrageway had anti skid paint and gritted , the slip road didnt.

To be fair i was quite lucky to avoid the lamp post

Flol snap decision for a maccys.