ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slippery little Cup!

Had a bit of serious understeer coming off a roundabout this morning under light acceleration! The Cup certainly keeps you on your toes in the wet! Even straight line acceleration you have to measure out the throttle or your going nowhere fast!

Tyres are fine, although Ive been keeping an eye on them for a few weeks as Im aware they are almost done. MOT said they were fine though so hoping to hold out till pay day!

Possibly, 35 in a 50, too much throttle whilst turning in the wet I think more likely. Got Proxes T1R on it at the moment, anyone recommend a durable tyre? They have been on since I bought it and I've done 4000k approx, not sure how many miles they've seen before that so I think I might just bite the bullet and get some new rubber. Anyone fitted Pirelli P Zero's?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
P Zero's are good. Have a search on here, there are far cheaper tyres out there that offer good performance.

If your tyres are nearly gone though they will be awful in the wet, especially T1R's. no tread left to move the water away etc.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
P Zero's are very good in the wet, I have 4 on my cup, there about £90 fitted each in 195/45/16 on Blackcircles.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
conti sport contact 2 where the best tyres i had on mine. never tried exaltos on the 172cup though which are great tyres.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Conti's are better, yet i ran my old Cup for 3 years on T1R's wil no problems.

Issue will be either too fast, of possibly a bit of rain on a road that hasnt seen any water for a while. This makes it super slippy as old oils etc on the road surface mix with the new water.......

Conti sport conact 2/3 are superb all round tires in my opinion. i struggle to make them slide on even the most slippiest of roads!

Arctic Blue 182ff
Well that as well. I never drive quick in the wet, but that's what 3 years ownership of a 300hp RWD car does for you :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Understeer in the wet on a roundabout? Whodathunkit?

Im predicting one less Cup on the road come the end of the year.

260% JCW
Possibly, 35 in a 50, too much throttle whilst turning in the wet I think more likely. Got Proxes T1R on it at the moment, anyone recommend a durable tyre? They have been on since I bought it and I've done 4000k approx, not sure how many miles they've seen before that so I think I might just bite the bullet and get some new rubber. Anyone fitted Pirelli P Zero's?

These tyres in the wet are shite IMO.....

Absolutely no different to any other Clio in that situation. You were just going too fast for the conditions.

Except there's no traction control, or abs, and it's lighter LOL

Cup jealousy Dan - tut tut

T1-R's are utter ditch finders in the wet

Also get a rear ARB - it takes a lot of the understeer off

Well, just went for it and got 4 Pirelli P Zero's. I know a lot of people have different opinions but horses for courses and all that. Not given it a good run yet due to the weather but look forward to taking them across France for 2 weeks in Sept! Also got £150 taken off the price, quite pleased!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
3889717740_cf558d3e9f.jpg

troll-face-part.jpg

260% JCW
Well, just went for it and got 4 Pirelli P Zero's. I know a lot of people have different opinions but horses for courses and all that. Not given it a good run yet due to the weather but look forward to taking them across France for 2 weeks in Sept! Also got £150 taken off the price, quite pleased!

Should have gone for Uniroyal rain sports matey, some great reviews and ratings.