ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Barge
Cheers, Danny. :)

The R27 wasn't too bad on fuel. Initially yes, but the last 9k in it it was sweet. I'll notice a difference in this on a long drive, round the doors I don't expect MPG miracles.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Be reet, as you know done the same and now have extra ££ in the bank. I do feel :( sometimes and catch myself looking at 200's on AT!, but meh, they have the same pace, just a little more rough and ready

Mondeo TDCI 130
Xenons are over rated........................................................... Don't tell gaz - kev, i want some HID's. He will rant.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nice. Looks a tidy wee example. When do you pick it up, or did you already say?

BG 182 FF
looks very nice, hope you enjoy it, 197 looked very nice to. Good look trying to keep it that clean in this weather lol.

Barge
Knows! I'm looking forward to hopefully some better weather. A dirty car will do for now though. :D

Cheers Mark.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Xenons are over rated........................................................... Don't tell gaz - kev, i want some HID's. He will rant.

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

crackle crackle goes he FM radio!

Barge
Xenons rock, I've decided. Although they're not coming on on auto for some reason. Maybe I'm being dumb. My old Dynamique ones used to come on instantly. Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172, Tiguan
Can the auto lights be disabled like the auto wipers can be? Mine come on straight away.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
In the book, cant remember, something about turning lights off/on so many times iirc

LY 200
All this Xenon love on CS! What is it all about!? lol

Glad you got the car you were after in the end. :)

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Xenons Rock! Not sure on the 182, I know you can turn off auto lights on 197, mine has an "auto" button on the indicator stalk, just hold that in for 4/5secs to turn them on/off...

HTH :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
The 182's auto lights can be disabled.
Turn the ignition to the second position and flick the side lights on and off twice in quick succession. You'll hear a beep, which is to tell you they're disabled.
Do the same again to re-enable them.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm confused now...

i may be getting a new job, quite unlikey but if i do i'll be doing like 80 mile round trip a day.

a diesel may be calling me.

Barge
All started last night when I thought I'd bring in the service book, I'd asked where it was and he said in the boot when we swapped. Fair enough. Anyway grabbed the little grey folder last night and nothing... No service book... No manual... Nowt.

When I rang last Wednesday I checked it has FSH, then I'd gone in (last Thursday) they said it was FRSH, all done at the dealer. They checked on system over phone and the service desk said that it was. The service book had been left in the valeting bay somewhere else so it wasn't to hand. Fair enough. Reminded him several times about the book. Each time "yeah, darlin".

Anyway I rang and said "where's the service book", I thought it strange so the lad I'd been dealing with said he'd ask the girl who traded it in if she had the book still (I was like erm, you said it was in the valet place) anyway... He was off today and I got pissed off. So I rang to check the SH myself after his helpful colleagues said they couldn't. Anyway, turns out they only have history from 2008/17,475 miles on their system. Another service in 2009 and apparently one has just been done.

Anyway, I went mental at this point as it was evident that if this book is lost I'm not going to be able to find out it's history before that. Basically they've sold me the car under false pretences.

I didn't send off the Trader section of the V5 log book like I was meant to (as I've not had my cheque off them yet - that's another story - registered it to the wrong house and sent the cheque to the wrong house too!!) so the R27 is still mine.

It's been a catalogue of nightmares TBH. Highlight being last week when the asked me to commit fraud! I've said unless they can come up with the service book by tomorrow morning, I'm going back to get my car off them!

Fuming isn't the word. LOL

Oh dear but there's no way I'd have done the deal without checking the history.

You can bet your b****cks it hasn't had the belts done.

Nothings ever simple with you, is it?!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You have the worst luck with cars. Shame, but best finding all this out now eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.