ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

something came loose at 110

tbh if the exhaust manifold came loose you would know about it, plus how wold it you have several torqued up boilts holding it on.

Cant really see the pic tbh mate

Cant see anything.

Probably a heat shield, if the manifold came off you would deafen anything within 100 meters and then pass out from the CO

Volvo S60 T5

Ah, nothing much to worry about, they come loose a lot.

All it is is the ecu security cover, most of the time they rattle like buggery best thing to do is remove it.

But if you wana pop it back on you can

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

as mike said it will be the metal ecu cover that sits over the left computer connector.the computer is bolted to the inlet manifold at the back of the engine.there is a clip on a threaded bar that probably hasnt been wound back when the cover was last removed.

K20 EG Hatch

on mine it shorted the wires out an et cuttin my car out an givin me the immobiliser light on the dash. is it a black shaped box open on one end?

anyways renault sorted it for me but id get it on properly so it doesnt rub through the wirin loom!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Thats the one. It has a hook/clip on a threaded bar that hooks into the cover. You wind the bar using a wheel with holes in it until the hook/clip moves along the bar and releases from the cover. The cover then pulls off. To refit it you wind the hook/clip back to its original position. You then push the cover back on and it will push past the hook/clip and lock in place.

K20 EG Hatch

i dunno to be honest mate, i know my car wouldnt run with it on. so i took it off an drove to renault. they had to change the loom and then fixed it back on. i int tried takin it off all i know is its on solid now so left it as it is!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Yes there was a recall about the cover. You had to fit additional wire protection to the loom to stop the cover rubbing through it.

my renault garage chucked it in the bin after it came off and ate through the connectors at the back of the engine! iv had no problems since

mate....same thing happened to mine about 2 months ago.... black box came off and I didnt look at it fgor a while and the box cut through my wires so the car kept cutting out like it was stalling but it was cos wires were cut...took it to renault they replaced the broken wires and secured the box back on !

Daz