ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sooo... I want a 182

Trophy #387
I'm going to be buying myself a 182 in the coming months... I love them to bits but I really don't know the ins and outs of all the different specs.

I'm either going to buy myself an RB or a Trophy...

I've read through the thread which explains about FF/Cup Packs/Cup/Trophy etc but i'm really looking for personal opinions on which is best and what to do.

Few questions:
What is the best 182 to get.... FF i assume? How much extra will I be paying for the additional packs? What is the difference really between a 182 Cup and a 182 FF?
Is the Trophy worth spending the extra money for?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

If you want xenons, climate, don't like red and want a good handling car go for a RB 182 FF.

If you want recaros, the best handling Clio they do, and like the colour red, then go for the Trophy.

Don't bother with a cup if its your daily it's nice to have better seats, Xenons, Cruise control & Aircon FF has all of these Cups do not.

A decent RB is around 3-5k/4K a decent trophy is worth around 6k is it worth the extra in my eyes no but I can certainly see why people buy them.

Make sure service history is good and the Cambelt has recently been done to save on a big service cost, Trophy look at the dampers as they could be a costly refurb.

PB Clio 172
Why limit yourself to a 182? a 172 is pretty much the same car and you don't get wheelbarrow exhausts

Also expect to pay more for an RB so really why limit yourself to a colour? Buy on condition. Better to have a minter than a dog of an RB/182

I had a colour in mind but you have to see what comes up!

Trophy #387
Thanks for all the advice

Why limit yourself to a 182? a 172 is pretty much the same car and you don't get wheelbarrow exhausts

Also expect to pay more for an RB so really why limit yourself to a colour? Buy on condition. Better to have a minter than a dog of an RB/182

I had a colour in mind but you have to see what comes up!

Because I really love both colours and nothing else (except Liquid Yellow) does it for me.... I have a Black 1.2 at the moment and it's just so normal and blends in with every other car.

RB182cup&golf gti
Don't discount the 182 cup as they are racing blue (or inferno orange) and have cup packs as standard. They also have a/c & cruise as standard. The seats are cloth and you don't get xenons or climate. Depends on what you class as important, but I'd definitely go for the cup packs.

Astra H vxr
Id personally go for a RB 182 FF it's a colour you love and has everything you want it to do really and can pick up a decent one between 3 - 3.5k racing blue or inferno orange and liquid yellow is the way forward

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
If you can stretch to it, I'd go for the Trophy. I was in your situation a couple of years ago mate. Was dead set on getting an RB 182, putting turinis/coilovers/new seats in and realised it would cost more doing that than buying a Trophy in the first place. Are you heading to CSS this year Jonny? You're quite welcome a run out in mine before we convoy up again if you like? It also may be for sale :eek:

Trophy #387
If you can stretch to it, I'd go for the Trophy. I was in your situation a couple of years ago mate. Was dead set on getting an RB 182, putting turinis/coilovers/new seats in and realised it would cost more doing that than buying a Trophy in the first place. Are you heading to CSS this year Jonny? You're quite welcome a run out in mine before we convoy up again if you like? It also may be for sale :eek:

I might be heading up to CSS but that really depends if I have my car sorted in time (I don't even know when it is! dis-organised ftl!) ... I went up last year with the South Central convoy from Chieveley Services.

Are you sure you'd want me to have a run out in your pride and joy? I am only 18! lol

Thanks for the advice... How much would I have to expect to pay for a decent Trophy? AutoTrader prices range from like £4.5k upwards

Trophy #387
whoaaaaaaaaa there!

Hold on. Please tell me you've actually checked the insurance on a 182. If not, do it now

If you're alright with that then fine, your money you're burning.

Aye i know, I have checked it and been quoted about £2500, which doesn't even bring into account the multi-car discount we've got (which brought my 1.2 insurance down from £1800 to £1200 this year).

Trophy #387
And you are seriously considering that arse rape quote?

That doesn't seem like a lot to me... I don't earn a huge amount of money (not trying to say £2k is a small amount of money), but I have paid £3300 for TPFT and then £1200 in my 1st / 2nd year respectively on my 1.2L.

I know it's a huge premium, especially compared to what I could pay on a 1.2L, but I am willing to pay it. I work for a motor insurance company so who knows what they will be able to offer me as well.

2003 1.2 billabong
i consider him lucky, at 21 im getting quotes for my 1.poo @ around 1800 in full pr 2250 pay monthly

I already pay 178 a month, i guess i must be getting raped.....

Clio 182
How old are you for that massive quote? I just got a clio 182 as my first proper car. 21 years, No NCB and it cost me £997 for the year.

Wtf? I'm 26, 5 years NCB and I'm paying £1100.

Do you live somewhere with zero crime and park you car on a driveway by any chance? I think that's what's buggered me.

Clio 182
Wtf? I'm 26, 5 years NCB and I'm paying £1100.

Do you live somewhere with zero crime and park you car on a driveway by any chance? I think that's what's buggered me.

Parking your car on your driveway put my premium up 20 quid :/ along with my mates too.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Parking your car on your driveway put my premium up 20 quid :/ along with my mates too.

Same that's why mine is parked on the road. Parents as named drivers with a total excess of £500 through admiral. Grade A postcode.

Edit: paying annually was also important in lowering my cost.

Listerine & Poledo
OP, you wont listen, but dont bother.

you'll only end up pushing up other peoples premiums

inferno 182.
now you confusing me! ive got an inferno with both cup packs,optional treadlines with air con and everything! got the original recipept to prove! only 20 sold? so renault say?
Don't bother with a cup if its your daily it's nice to have better seats, Xenons, Cruise control & Aircon FF has all of these Cups do not.

A decent RB is around 3-5k/4K a decent trophy is worth around 6k is it worth the extra in my eyes no but I can certainly see why people buy them.

Make sure service history is good and the Cambelt has recently been done to save on a big service cost, Trophy look at the dampers as they could be a costly refurb.

BG Clio 182/RR Sport
I have just bought a black 182 with xenons climate control etc, what does that make mine? FF? Whats the RB?

Cheers

05 clio dynamique
Aye i know, I have checked it and been quoted about £2500, which doesn't even bring into account the multi-car discount we've got (which brought my 1.2 insurance down from £1800 to £1200 this year).

I'm 19, have 2 years ncd and pay £695 on a 1.2 dynamique and aviva DECLINE my insurance on a 182 :| haha

Where did you get a price like that...?! Im 29 nearly 30 and the cheapest I could find( paid upfront) was £550 on my RB 182 FF! :(

I'm with privilege. Been with them for about 5 years now.

Always the cheapest for me. Maybe I've got a good postcode!?

renault clio 182
I'm only £760 on my ff RB 182 been driving 5 years but only got 2years ncb as wrote off a car 2 years ago...