ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales General Chat

I get that when I've not driven it very hard all week and then I don't drive it over the weekend. Quick blast and it's all fine again.

My blowing is my fault, I caught the exhaust on a speed bump and it made a hole.

iceberg phase 2 172
my breaks seem to sticking contant now, not enough to lock the rear wheels but enough to get both discs pretty hot lol . also found they stick more/harder when reversing . bugging me now as i feel its gonna kill my mpg lol . anyone wanna give me hand stripping the calipers soon an cleaning them up ? haha

O

Oakley12

Can some one give me the postcode to the start of the black mountains please :)

O

Oakley12

Didn't use that postcode but found it! Seen a LY 182 up there!

I wasn't up for driving fast as my cousin was in the car and she would of strung me up haha.

O

Oakley12

Here's my terribly poor attempts at photo's up the black mountains. It was freezing and snowing so just out quick for these two lol.

60E49E13-520D-4805-82DB-6B373334F92A-2557-000000FB1B5BF2CE.jpg

B3399813-7984-4AE9-ACE2-E1E39C259867-2557-000000FB1F75DCEE.jpg

sorry for the awfully sh*t pics haha.

O

Oakley12

I didn't really boot it T as it was snowing. A little bit further down I was pushing her on the slightly straight roads but tbf I've never drove up there before! Being on next week :)

O

Oakley12

Anybody got a machine/rotary polisher I can lend on or before Friday please?

I don't know the difference so basically my first time in using one haha.

O

Oakley12

Would rather do it myself tbh, and much cheaper! I Want to get into it tbf, then possibly do it on the side for some extra wonga :)

O

Oakley12

Yeah I know! And no problem fella! I'm sure someone will have 1 I can lend :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
How much does he charge?
Depends on what you want doing, mate. A rough cost for swirl removal would be around £250-£350 quid and he'll need the car for a day. For full on paint correction and top-quality finish, polish and waxing you're looking at probably around the £700 these days for a Clio (and it will take a couple of days or so). Not cheap but worth it (if you want a stunning finish to the paintwork and have money to do it). Remember that you're paying for a full-on professional job here (James is a well-respected detailer) so it won't be as cheap as your 'mate down the road'... :D

LY Megane R26 230
Depends on what you want doing, mate. A rough cost for swirl removal would be around £250-£350 quid and he'll need the car for a day. For full on paint correction and top-quality finish, polish and waxing you're looking at probably around the £700 these days for a Clio (and it will take a couple of days or so). Not cheap but worth it (if you want a stunning finish to the paintwork and have money to do it). Remember that you're paying for a full-on professional job here (James is a well-respected detailer) so it won't be as cheap as your 'mate down the road'... :D

700?thats more than my Clio's worth :lolup:

Clio 1.2
700? it would be cheaper for me to spray the car then take it to flat out valeting for a full clean! haha

O

Oakley12

I think I'd rather clean it myself.

I can't believe no-ones got a polisher I can lend :(. There could well possibly be beer tokens in it for you :).

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I love detailing my cars, makes you appreciate your car more by doing it all yourself and seeing the results.

I can spend a whole weekend cleaning mine, I quite enjoy it in the summer times when the car stays cleaner.

clio 172 phase 2
i love cleaning my car its cool when you see the results and it looks good its worth the time and effort still getting used to the rotary polisher though need to buy some decent products to get full results.

Clio 1.2
I need a decent polisher, can anyone recommend one was looking at the meguires one but there is better and cheaper out there...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
From the results i've seen, it's well worth it!
Definitely, Matt.

how f**king much?!
I'd lick your car clean for £700.

I went for a full correction and detail... and the car still looked immaculate several months afterwards...

IMG_0756.jpg

32012_111706358871409_2933914_n.jpg

Putting the T into TLC (Trophy Loving Care) :eek:

Sharky that looks amazing, but 700 is a bit extreme for a clean car lol.

Oakley I told you yesterday, if you pop up you can use mine.