ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

St. Eval Karting Meet - Saturday 23rd June

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Hey folks, been a while since there was a Real South West meet, so let's get on it with a (hopefully!) sunny summer karting meet.

The event will be at St. Eval, near Newquay. It's a top notch track with 70mph karts. Proper fun. Be there or be square.

For those coming down from Plymouth/Devon, I'll sort out a convoy closer to the time.

When? Saturday 23rd of June.
What? Arrive and Drive sessions, 10 mins each, maximum of 3 sessions.
Cost? Maximum £40 per driver (3 sessions. If you can't afford all 3, 1 session will cost £15 and 2 will cost £30)
Where? St. Eval Kart Circuit, PL27 7UN - http://www.cornwallkarting.com/

1. McGherkin
2. Jardo

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Sport
Re: St. Eval Karting Meet - Sunday 24th June

I would say Aaron will be into this, if he is he can have a lift with me.

If he isn't he's probably a girl.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

When I sent out the group PM I accidentally sent it to Aaron182 rather than Aaron182. so I had to send it to him again :eek:

Clio 182

This does sound like fun but I will need to see a little nearer the time as its a bit of a trek etc. Might make a weekend of it if I do come down!

Bux

Golf GTD

I'm afraid I won't be coming to this, however I have been karting at the track before and I agree that it is a pretty good track. However when I went we got told off for going flat out round a corner... even though the kart handled it perfectly fine...

RS172

Afraid I won't be able to make it as its a fair trek for me and I'm working nights that night

Clio 220 Trophy

Are you sure that dates right?? only according to their website they are closed on Sundays due to local restriction's, the 24th is a Sunday ????

PB Clio 172

According to Plymcl172, they now open on Sundays. They haven't updated the site yet.

yes 100% open on Sundays :p

this is why they changed all the karts from twin engine app to meet noise regs on Sundays.

I will try my best for the meet

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
70MPh in a Kart sounds insanely fast!? You would be dead if you crashed, there's not even a seatbelt or rollcage!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Like I said, proper karts.

Shifters will go above 100 and Superkarts will go above 160, but these are about right for public karts. They've never had any fatalities or serious injuries there so I'd say that they aren't that dangerous.

Motorbikes are even faster and they don't have rollcages e.t.c.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

When do we have to comit by? Id like to go down there first and actually have a go on one of these karts before I pay £55 to come dead last in the GP!!! lol.

(not dead as in dead/death - just last place lol)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Plymcl172 you speak not the truth.

Thank you for your email,

Unfortunately we are still not allowed to open on Sundays, we should find out in the next few weeks as we are still having tests done. However we cannot guarantee we will get Sundays as we haven’t in the past!

Kind Regards
Laura

Trying to find a date which is free at the moment. Wait out.

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0

Good thing you emailed them! God knows where Plymcl172 got his info from then lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Fcuking hell.

Right.

Saturday 23rd, arrive and drive?

The nearest exclusive F1 is Saturday the 14th of July, and needs 12+ drivers.

The nearest non-exclusive F1 is Friday 22nd June (I'm guessing this isn't suitable)

If we just do an arrive and drive, we'll just compare laptimes rather than first-past-the-line.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

Track looks big enougth not be held up by slow people. FL mean I can get a feel for the kart first then produce the goods!

LY 172

yeah i tend to hang back a bit then it gives you a clean lap. pretty much like F1 =P

if i think i get a fast lap, i just try to piss people off afterwards :p

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

its a shame the track is so far in cornwall, I think if it was more central, more people woul dbe attracted to this...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

There are more eastern tracks but this one is simply worth the drive for. As their bookings indicate!

Arrive and Drive is cheaper, works out at £40 for 3 ten minute sessions. So I'll say Arrive and Drive on the 23rd June, and people can choose to participate in 1,2 or 3 sessions.

I'll see if I can get a mod to edit the original post.

Clio 220 Trophy

Plymcl172 you speak not the truth.

Trying to find a date which is free at the moment. Wait out.

Plymcl172 shame on you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Didn,t want to be the one who says I told you so.
Ive had too many dealings with local authority planners in the past

Well checked McGherkin

Bux

Golf GTD

Arrive and Drive is cheaper, works out at £40 for 3 ten minute sessions. So I'll say Arrive and Drive on the 23rd June, and people can choose to participate in 1,2 or 3 sessions.

That's expensive compared to what i've paid at Weston-Super-Mare and Avonmouth.

3 x 10 minute sessions at Weston - £25

3 x 15 minute sessions at Avonmouth £20 (We had 2 for 1 offers on £15 for 15 mins, and then got offered another 15 mins for £5 as there was no one else there and it meant atleast theyd get some money)

LY 172

£30 for thirty minutes at plymouth.

so id say 40 is fair compared to my local track. (considering they track is 10 times bigger and the karts are 10 times faster at St eval.)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Indoor Circuits < Outdoor Circuits.

Adult karts are £30 for 30 mins at Kartworld Liskeard too. And they only do 45.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

Price seems alright to me for that amount of time tbh - the track is massive!

It is worth considering Dunkeswell in Devon too, they have recently purchased all new hire karts

Went there recently and they are pretty good for hire karts

PB Clio 172

Good thing you emailed them! God knows where Plymcl172 got his info from then lol

straight from the horses mouth as in St Eval told me that. I asked about it and they assured me they now open on Sundays. So she is telling me incorrect things then..... :evil:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't matter now anyway ;)

The meet's still on and that's all that matters.

EDIT: Thanks Revels for editing the OP :)

Last edited: