ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

St. Eval Karting Meet - Saturday 23rd June

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No worries, just didn't see a definite yes or no after the date change.

As it stands it's just me and you but hopefully The Fatty's up for it too

1. McGherkin
2. Aaron182.

PB Clio 172
I want to say yes but I am only up for a session or two. I have been with my brother and we had had enough by 2 runs

You get lap times anyway so we can see who the winner is and still have fun, also a lot cheaper than a full race.

182 Cup
I'm still interested in a drive down there, haven't been karting in years so should be fun! Just need to check I've got no hillclimbs or sprints that weekend.

PB Clio 172
I'm still interested in a drive down there, haven't been karting in years so should be fun! Just need to check I've got no hillclimbs or sprints that weekend.

You will love it St Eval it's proper karting the karts go about 50-60mph I would say well thats what it feels like. Very big track lots of slows and some fast strights. They change the track every now and then too make it harder. I spun out at least 4 times on 1 run. You live and learn! lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I want to say yes but I am only up for a session or two. I have been with my brother and we had had enough by 2 runs

You get lap times anyway so we can see who the winner is and still have fun, also a lot cheaper than a full race.

Well the plan is that everyone brings money for a maximum of 3 sessions and if we all decide that we've had enough after 2 we don't have to do it ;)

Shifty, I planned it around the Plymouth MC calendar, I think the only one that weekend is Gurston.

Oh and Plym, you come to St. Eval and I'll go to Dartmoor ;)

182 Cup
Cool then I may well be there, last time I went karting was a small indoor one in Exeter, it wasn't brilliant and it was an endurance race in teams, there were some guys that took it waaaaay to seriously and ruined the fun of the event. Other than that used to go to a place in Hayle in Cornwall when we were on holiday knew that track like the back of my hand and could fly around it, so much fun, again it wasn't huge but it was outdoors and had some good turns, not flat out the whole time, bet it's shut down by now as it wasn't really a big operation down there.

PB Clio 172
I can't see any reason why I can come, so long away yet

and I would expect you to come too the Dartmoor meet anyway Mcgherkin you are from Plymouth :p

172,scenic, trafic
Yup, we established this. It's on Saturday 23rd June now, as updated in the OP ;)

Living so close to the track, I hope you're going!

Not sure, am going away one weekend in June but not sure which one. Am sure s few people suggested this before and no one bothered:)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well we have people who've said they're coming, plus nobody has an excuse for not wanting to enjoy the Cornish sun and roads ;)

Just busy making up a route for the drive after, should be great ;)

172,scenic, trafic
Be warned is an epic dead straight road just past the trackwhich I have been informed ahem you can hit a ton on. The police have been known to keep an eye out but it is rare!

172,scenic, trafic
Well I guess if it's scenery you're after that's fine. The coastal route takes you that way. St mawgan nice too. You need to go further west for driving roads tho. A good hour west to be honest.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well I guess if it's scenery you're after that's fine. The coastal route takes you that way. St mawgan nice too. You need to go further west for driving roads tho. A good hour west to be honest.

Well, I saw this road nearby and remembered it being a nice road to drive, so why not?

And it's hard enough to get people to go this far South West, let alone another hour lol!

Oh, and Fatty, man up ;)

172,scenic, trafic
Well, I saw this road nearby and remembered it being a nice road to drive, so why not?

And it's hard enough to get people to go this far South West, let alone another hour lol!

Oh, and Fatty, man up ;)

yes why not. its not difficult to get people to come this far southwest, most of them seemed to be here last week lol.
well as i can walk to the track from my house it would be rude not to turn up so as long as its not my weekend away count me in

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I manned up, still not doing it if its wet. Not paying £50 odd to get wet, I can do that in the shower! lol. It better be dry.

PB Clio 172
na just cause your excuse for not coming to the moors meet was a funny read ! and so is the reason for the kart meet- it may rain! brilliant !

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol ok. I dont think not wanting to go to a pure social meet (which im not interested in) over watching the f1 was a bad excuse. Like i said, I like the car centric meets, like the up-coming RR day and this karting meet which I am also looking forward to, provided it's dry, which it probably will be. Going out in a kart in the pouring rain is something I would have done when I was in my teens, its not something I would enjoy now; maybe im past that stage in my life now!

p.s - im 26 btw (as you were probably all wondering how old I am after reading that lol) :p how old are you guys?

Corsa SXi
Anyone who hasn't been there and is going, trust me it's so much fun, best karting track I've been to, go there every time we're in Cornwall, the karts are nice and so is the track