ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard ecu for engine dyno

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
mste and I were chatting earlier about his 172 engine his building and wondered if he could get it running outside of the car? I know the engine would need the ecu but would it need the UCH box or is there aw way of just wiring up the ecu to get the engine running?

Regards Beard

Abarth 595 Comp
It's a big and expensive job to get an engine, especially a larger car engine, set up on an engine dyno for short-time use, plus, unless you have your own dyno, finding a company who are going to let you do a few runs won't be easy. Just a heads up it's most likely more hassle than it's worth to run the engine outside the car and probably far more economical to build it outside the car, do what you have to do and plonk it back in and take it to a rolling road, then go from there.

Things that could possibly give performance increases seem fairly well documented and trusted anyway, so if done right you *should* see the same results. My 2cents

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
I fully understand your point and agree but just wondered if you'd need the UCH as well as the ecu to run the engine or if you can just power up the ecu

dan's cast offs.
logic dictates you could run it with engine loom and ecu etc but you'd need throttle pedal or at least a signal for the throttle body. afaik despite canbus not finding the bits missing it should run but i could be completely wrong though.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
ok so how do you get the Ecu to power up and how do you bypass the immobiliser!, is it just a case of giving the Ecu a 12v feed and the tdc sensor a feed aswell?

dan's cast offs.
got to say pass on that one, not sure what the ecu needs to see from the uch etc...