ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

Nissan 350z
Re: Steam

I died alittle inside when i realised i had wasted my money on the consolised sequel Supcom2. They totally ruined it by removing the majority of the base building and micro management, average game length is about 20mins? :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Midweek madness btw Far Cry 1 and 2 for £3.74.

Worth it?

One is pretty good - though quite dated now. Number 2 is very shallow in comparison. It's also one of those games that has a weird feeling to it imo. Hard to explain, but it just doesn't make you want to keep replaying it.

Oh, and you'll get used to travelling on buses often. As going by foot means passing several checkpoints who's occupants ALWAYS open fire on you. And they are easy to kill. And they reappear 5 minutes later having just wiped their mates out. Looks pretty, but quite dull imo.

D.

Evo 8 MR

Might leave it then.

Anyone pre-ordered Skyrim?

Can't wait for it myself, I'll be pre-ordering it at some point.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Far Cry 2 is sh*te, don't bother. There is a good pre-order deal on hotukdeals at the moment for Skyrim.

F82 M4

All 3 of the Company of Heros games are on Steam for a total of £5.39. Absolute bargain! Great game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

just about to post about this :) dont have the add ons so gonna buy them all :)

I've got the full retail version on three seperate DVDs. I still bought the Steam version to make it easier to reinstall in the future - lol.

I'm just about to try and copy my retail saved game across to the Steam version. I hope it works as I've got all the three campaigns completed and you get a couple of different unit types, accordingly.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Excellent. It accesses the same My Games folder within your documents. My user login and saved games were already there to access in the Steam version. :cool:

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Got company of heroes (just the first one to try it out) for like £1.50

great game!

You should get Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor too as they add new units and maps to the core game. The single player campaign on Opposing Fronts is arguably the best of the three as well.

D.

F82 M4

Can we change the title of this thread to Latest Steam Offers? Then everyone can keep it updated with the latest savings :)

Bike*

Ive got all the counter strikes, the orange box, all half lifes, and a load of other games..
Ued to play counter strike: source all the time but never play any of them anymore
Thinking of selling what do you think is a fair price?

F82 M4

Well if you have a low digit account I've seen them sell for about £80. What date did you register Steam?

Monaro VXR
Go into your steam folder and open the file steam.log.

Then look where it says attempting new connection and after the IP address it says for followed by some numbers. Mine for instance is 0:0:71958. That is your steam id.

Mine is a very early account so it is a O:O: with 5 digits. Newer accounts can be higher digit and will have a 1 instead of the zero's.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Go into your steam folder and open the file steam.log.

Then look where it says attempting new connection and after the IP address it says for followed by some numbers. Mine for instance is 0:0:71958. That is your steam id.

Mine is a very early account so it is a O:O: with 5 digits. Newer accounts can be higher digit and will have a 1 instead of the zero's.

I doubt mine was that early - but I'll check tonight. :)

D.

Thought I'd have a low number as I registered in 2003 but it's not

Account Information
Username: z8jay
CommunityID: 76561197962124316
Custom URL: z8jay
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:929294
Steam member since: 2003-10-18
Found 22 Games with a value of
$214.79 USD

that's not bad, only 6 months later and mine is so much higher!

Username: addicted
CommunityID: 76561197965925125
Custom URL: add1ct3d
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:2829698
Steam member since: 2004-04-17

Found 84 Games with a value of $1127.17 USD​

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Have you started playing Rage Darren? I ordered from play and it isn't here. Just wondering what it's like.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My id won't work with the calculator and I can't find a way to get my community id in the latest client, Steam really f**ks me off sometimes.