ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel off centre and service/ESP light on

Clio 182
I know the service light issue has been done to death but I need some advice...

My car went in to a garage in Southampton to get a full geometry check on the wheels.. The car went in with the steering wheel off to the right and came back out with the wheel off to the left. I was told this was because I had odd tyres (different brands) on the front and if I changed to 2 of the same tyres the wheel would return to straight and geometry would be perfect... I was also told that the back tyres were out of shape but both are the same brand and have the same amount of tread left.

20 miles later, the ESP/Service light came on. I noticed that the CV/drive shaft gator was off and had sprayed grease everywhere. I have had this rectified and cleaned up. The lights still come on. I have played around with the brake pedal light sensor thing 6 times and the light still comes on.
Before i buy a new sensor, I read on the forum that the light problem may be caused by a steering wheel angle sensor??? This would fit considering my wheel is off to the left when the wheels are straight.

Now, do I put the back wheels on the front to see if this straightens up the steering wheel and if it doesn't go back to the garage that checked the geometry and complain? (despite the back tyres apparently being out of shape!)
Do I buy a new brake pedal sensor for the sake of £12 and see if it works?
How do I check the steering wheel angle sensor??

Any advice would be appreciated!

I am also having a set of Eibach springs fitted in 2 weeks so should I wait until they are fitted and then investigate further?

Clio 182
Alternatively, if there is anyone in the Southampton region that would like to lend me a working brake light sensor for half an hour...?!

Clio 182
Oh, and I also now have the same brand/tread tyres on the front but the wheel is still off centre....