ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still handling issues

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Strangely, that spec sheet is stating toe out for fronts, which is confusing me, as I`m sure mine has always been set with -12 minutes toe in.
I`ll check with them tomorrow.
Sorry, just noticed spec sheet won`t open.

It is toeing in looking at that sheet

A -minus number is toe out :wink:

-12 minutes total on the front is standard for a 182.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's one of those things in life that the more I read the more it confuses me but really really shouldn't.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've had my 182 5 years now and I've never hated it so much. What to do then? I suppose new front shocks could be considered due anyway so I could start there rather than replace new rear tyres.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Go for new tyres as well.
I wouldn't hold back on the expense of having a car handle as it's supposed to

The last thing you'll want to saying after you've lost it on a B road is 'should've paid for some rear tyres'

As you've said before, you've now realised buying cheap tyres is false economy. I'd have them swapped asap

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Totally agree with you but tyres, shocks and belts time all at once!

PH2 172
I've had my 182 5 years now and I've never hated it so much. What to do then? I suppose new front shocks could be considered due anyway so I could start there rather than replace new rear tyres.

One thing that is puzzling me, besides exactly what the car is doing that you are not comfortable with.
Did this all start the day you put the budget tyres on the rear? Or did creep up on you over time?

Also did you move the Pirelli`s from the back to the front? and have you checked the rears for run out & seating?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It appears to have crept up on me but then I've thought about it so much and done things like new wishbones etc that Ive lost track of it. I'm tempted to do swap tyres front to rear aspect if it's the budgets that should alter the behaviour pointing to it being them. Still think at nearly 80k the front shocks will make a difference

PH2 172
It appears to have crept up on me but then I've thought about it so much and done things like new wishbones etc that Ive lost track of it. I'm tempted to do swap tyres front to rear aspect if it's the budgets that should alter the behaviour pointing to it being them. Still think at nearly 80k the front shocks will make a difference

I`m still not clear what IT is though.
60mm front cup shocks are £90 the pair from RPD £38 each for rears.

I`ll ask again, did you transfer the Pirelli`s to the front from the rear when you fitted the budgets to the rear?

Does the car weave about when applying the brakes?

Does the steering require additional input when cornering?(Understeer) or
does the rear whip round/step out.?

An empty supermarket car park is a safe place to explore these traits.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
No the pirelli have been on the front for 8-9 months, budgets are recent. Basically it pulls badly on surfaces it never used to and yes it understeers through corners requiring additional input, the rear doesnt step out no. Funny you should mention supermarkets because a trolley is what it feels like.

PH2 172
No the pirelli have been on the front for 8-9 months, budgets are recent. Basically it pulls badly on surfaces it never used to and yes it understeers through corners requiring additional input, the rear doesnt step out no. Funny you should mention supermarkets because a trolley is what it feels like.
Thank you, we`re getting there.
Does " it pulls badly " mean lots of torque steer/wheel spin on full throttle in 2nd gear?
particularly when exiting roundabouts?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah it would but it's more that it feels like when you get a supermarket trolley with one wheel that's not in contact with the ground.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I think I will try and find somewhere with some pzero nero's to match the front, these acelera's get horrendous reviews.
If I can't find any locally is there much harm in getting a pair of proxies or something? Used to have them and quite liked them

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I think I will try and find somewhere with some pzero nero's to match the front, these acelera's get horrendous reviews.
If I can't find any locally is there much harm in getting a pair of proxies or something? Used to have them and quite liked them

I would try to get all 4 matching if you can, if nothing else it rules them out of the problem if it persists, and at least gives you better tyres for when you do find what's wrong. On my last car I had issues similar to the ones your experiencing and it was the rear toe that had a problem, wasn't out by much at all on paper but on the road made the car behave horribly!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm going in this order-
Tyres
Front shocks
Rear shocks

If by the end of that it's not solved I will torch it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Do the tyres. Like steve said

New and matching tyres all round.
If it solves the issue
Double win :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm looking to get mine set up again since having new steering rack and solid mounts and brace
Was looking into some camber bolts for rear

Anyone got some geo setups I can take to the garage who will set it up?

Thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Best thing you can add to these or any car really is decent matching tyres. Point of contact etc.
One of the things I just don't cut corners on - even when I have to go into the red financially. Your car sits on four relatively small contact patches - and that's all that you have for control on the road surface. Even if I had a Matiz or C1, I'd still put decent rubber on there. For the likes of a 182 - its a no brainer.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
How will that work mate

Sorry, I might be an idiot right now. Don't people use camber bolts on the rear or is it not possible? I may be mistaking it with something else? Or is it shims I'm thinking off?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Best get some ordered then. Any ideas what I need to look for?