ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still handling issues

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I have nothing on rear, not sure what current settings are. Last time I had it done on a hunter system I just had it set up as standard off their system. I've had work done since so need to get it done again so thought before I pay to get it done get some camber shims put on rear.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd probably get them to atleast check what the back is looking like. You don't want to be sticking a pair of say -1 degree if one side is different than the other. Chances are the rear will be about -1.30 ish. Also depends how hardcore you want to go

@NorthloopCup is a person that springs to mind for suspension advice.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye seems a good shout. I might need to pop and see him as he's not too far from me.
Thanks for help mate.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just to add to this
Had my geo set up at A Line in Dudley yesterday

Car feels great to drive now
The guys know their stuff too

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Those accelera tyres should be banned claiming what they claim on speed rating etc.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Their cost is irrelevant, in the UK a product has to be fit for purpose. They are not.

Their cost is irrelevant, in the UK a product has to be fit for purpose. They are not.
That's what someone said http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Accelera/Alpha.htm
Do not buy these tyres if you value your life or car.
So many people on this site just unfortunately do not know enough about tyres to post reviews.
These tyres are dangerous I am in the process of removing a relatively new set from my new partners car.
Let's look at the facts these are cheap as chips tyres wet grip E you only get what you pay for.
Big brand company's spend thousands of pounds developing New tyres experimenting with different compounds, rubbers and construction unfortunately the same cannot be said for these.
My local tyre dealer who I have known for years does not know how these tyres get a European safety rating ! Yes that bad. The handling is terrible and with over 5mm of tread left my partner who is no racing driver does not understand what is wrong with her car skidding and feeling unsafe on wet roads I new straight away its terrible tyres ! Going to change the lot asap.
These are budget price and ditch finding road holding don't be fooled by people rating these tyres as good if you want good then do yourself a favour and spend some money on a quality brand or at least a good quality mid range tyre. Remember your life and car are worth it as this is the only thing between you and the road. Enough said I think.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2016

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It really is horrendous that they are able to be sold, I was convinced my rear shocks were gone.

Not sure I agree with saying they shouldn't be sold, but you should be clear on what you expect from tyres!

Most folks would be happy they go round and round, don't fall apart at 80 on the motorway, and last a couple of years... We have more exacting standards, hence need to go up the tree a ways. :)

Those accelera tyres should be banned claiming what they claim on speed rating etc.

Yep...

I had them on the rear on one of my old cars, as they were nearly new so thought I would keep them...

On the first tight corner of fitting these wheels, the fronts were good tyres and gripped in the rain, and the back end completely stepped out and the front bumper was mm's from catching the pavement.

Never EVER use these tyres, and if you do, don't drive near me please lol

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
No seriously HarvB, under normal driving conditions my car was unsafe and although balanced felt like they were out of round as they caused a bobbling sensation possibly caused by their soft sidewalls. Either way you expect a minimum standard which these are far off