ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharge the 182 or get something else?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
As Ben said, a lot of work to have it done. I remember seeing those pictures, from Autosport last year IIRC, but I didn't think it was a kit available, the Ktec kit will already be expensive as they will be running standalone management.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the prices or the KTR Kit. It is due for release at Autosport this year.

The AC version is the pictures was never run, although technically it was possible but production costs would have made it quite expensive to sell.

Andy

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Just get it supercharged! Get it done before Bomber does! lol. That way you will be able to keep up with us!;)

White Evo V
So will you be running standard ecu or aftermarket?
How about the rad and intercooler, surely you have to make something as nice and tidy as RS Tuning have to compete? I cant see how it can be done for under £4k? Parts alone almost cost that and that without labour charges!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We will be running our new GEN90 Plug in ECU. We are not trying to compete with anyone specifically or otherwise.

More details very soon

Andy

182 S
Just got myn back from RS last week! its AWSOME!! Nice and tidy, drives great, done on the standard ECU! Running 237bhp and 200lb tourque! Makes me smile everytime i give it some and at the end of the day.... thats what its all about! Go for it mate!

182 S
How long did you have to leave it with them for the work to be done?
well it should have only been a week as rotrex had the charer in stock. but i had a knackerd throttle body so that was an extra week waiting for that to come. then with shutting down over chritmas it was in for about 2 n half weeks :)

White Evo V
Just got myn back from RS last week! its AWSOME!! Nice and tidy, drives great, done on the standard ECU! Running 237bhp and 200lb tourque! Makes me smile everytime i give it some and at the end of the day.... thats what its all about! Go for it mate!

At what boost? How come yours and Dannys have made 15bhp less than mine?

White Evo V
It isn't Danny that's got a sc 172 I believe? It's one he's worked on I'm guessing? Jons?

Mine has just a decat and sc engine wise! Running 8psi/0.6bar.

182 S
It isn't Danny that's got a sc 172 I believe? It's one he's worked on I'm guessing? Jons?

ahh my bad! will have to get the graphs out as i cant remember my boost! was to exited to get in it and drive haha u got any future plans then for yours ben... power wise? lookin in to some cams and pistons for mine i think. clutch first though i reckon

White Evo V
I've almost saved the funds to start buying parts for my spare engine, so soon we may see a high boost sc'd Clio!

I got a Kevlar clutch put in at the same time as the conversion. Just take it steady on the box, Im on my 2nd one and I only had the conversion done about 6 months ago, mines running 252bhp ATM but hopefully soon I can take it over the 300 mark with the high boost set up?!

182 S
I've almost saved the funds to start buying parts for my spare engine, so soon we may see a high boost sc'd Clio!
sounds gd mate! will look forward to seeing that! when u next at a meet? be a laugh seeing what difference 15bhp and 4lb tourque make ;)

White Evo V
sounds gd mate! will look forward to seeing that! when u next at a meet? be a laugh seeing what difference 15bhp and 4lb tourque make ;)

17th Jan in wakefield, see the local meetings section. Have you done anything else eg: stripping interior etc......?

182 S
17th Jan in wakefield, see the local meetings section. Have you done anything else eg: stripping interior etc......?
apex springs, decat, charger. thats it. apex springs are awfull! way to bumpy ride! been lookin at some v maxx coilys but need to save again first. got alot of plans for her!

thats another thing u will have over me then... weight! gonna have to strip it out and see wat its like. u feel the difference?

SQ5
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the prices or the KTR Kit. It is due for release at Autosport this year.

The AC version is the pictures was never run, although technically it was possible but production costs would have made it quite expensive to sell.

Andy

This is what I was saying! When is the release date on prices and what the kit will contain?

At what boost? How come yours and Dannys have made 15bhp less than mine?

We are running slightly lower boost 0.45 I'm running!

Oi I have one ;) lol!

White Evo V
Don't feel much difference tbh but I didn't go too far on the stripping, still retained the comfort! Look in my project thread for pics. I had apex springs! Joke! Put the standard springs back on, I have some Gaz coilovers on the way soon once my bro gets his finger out and takes them off his mates car! Also got a suede omp wheel in the post, ordering blue silicone hoses next week, getting wheels refurbed next week and also getting a cage this month if I can afford it! You uprated the brakes? I just got drilled and grooved discs and ferodo ds2500 pads, awesome! Well that's my months plans! Oh and a full respray coming soon in a very special colour! Gunna look the nuts!

SQ5
Don't feel much difference tbh but I didn't go too far on the stripping, still retained the comfort! Look in my project thread for pics. I had apex springs! Joke! Put the standard springs back on, I have some Gaz coilovers on the way soon once my bro gets his finger out and takes them off his mates car! Also got a suede omp wheel in the post, ordering blue silicone hoses next week, getting wheels refurbed next week and also getting a cage this month if I can afford it! You uprated the brakes? I just got drilled and grooved discs and ferodo ds2500 pads, awesome! Well that's my months plans! Oh and a full respray coming soon in a very special colour! Gunna look the nuts!

Stop copying me ;) lol!

Mk2 172
Well Im still living at home at the moment, but I do a lot of travelling as part of my job so it's not like I'm home 100% of the time.

If I get the pay rise I'm after then money won't be a huge issue, I'd happily pay the 4k for the extra benefits.

As Danny says too, it's something different. Something like a SC clio is a bit unique, whereas M3s etc are common everyday cars.

yeh but better lol. change the car imo. done the tuning thing and its good for a bit but u soon get fed up and want more!! more money then and more unreliability issues!!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
10k will get you a nice P1, in standard form it will trounce most cars on the road - with an average driver behind the wheel.

Mk2 172
10k will get you a nice P1, in standard form it will trounce most cars on the road - with an average driver behind the wheel.

yeh aslong as youve got 4k to build a proper engine for it wen it goes bang!!!
epic car tho i will vouch for that! even with its 270hp it is an immensly fast car! just keep changing that rubbish air mass meter!

Last edited:
  LY 182 FF CUPPED
Be a realist - how many go bang? When looked after, mine is driving like new.

Cough cough 280bhp !!!!!

Performance figures
Power 280 bhp / 209 KW @ 6500 rpm
Torque 343 Nm / 253 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
BHP/Liter 140 bhp / liter
Power to weight 0.22 bhp / kg
Top Speed 251 km/h / 156 mph
0-60 mph 4.7 s

And these are manufacturer figures, a larger % of owners cars supersede these figures quite a lot, mine is at 310bhp ( Decatted)

Yeh but how much is a P1 going to cost on track! Not cheap! And even a Megane would cost a lot more too, 888s in 18" = expensive!

At least modding the Clio is 'sort of' a one off payment, it will still cost me pretty much the same to run as it does now. And when/if I do decide to sell the SC kit, it can just be bolted straight off, unplug the ECU and sell it!