ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension kits for Clio 16-Valve

What do people have in terms of suspension set-ups on their Valvers?

Whats hot and whats not?

How much will it cost me to get a good set of shocks - adjustable at the front?

Cheers

well, most after MKt stuff is just an increase compression rate of say 30% with no real research into it...that incs billies and koni etc etc. the adjustable bit its rebound which is the rate at which the shock returns, coupled witht eh spring rate too....but they never give you spring rates....so just think of ever factor ......i.e. height, stiffness, springrate increased or decreased by 30%.

hence why they are so cheap.

leda have a bit more pride i would say and only really give you what you want, if you want 25% increase in compression daming, theyll do it. if you want 250lb/" springs theyll do it.....but it does cost.

and adjustability aint all its made up to be........youll find you never touch it. I have custom spax items which are adjustable in the fronts as the rear weighs so little that its kinda a permanent thing. but the fronts are ont eh softest, even on the track. i guess you could wind them up as they wear out giving a longer service life....

jesus,. what n essay...soz dude.

Ive also got AVO coilovers and they are the badgers nadgers! Its easy to see how good when you look how close to my arch my wheels are but never rub! :D;)

And cornering is different class!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

right you know if you have top adjustable fronts is it right that the top mounts should be sitting high? As in not in contact with anything? Im talking a good few mms here 15-20. Do i need new mounts/bearings or something?

a mate has offered me some leda coilovers £200 for the whole set one of the pistons is slightley bent tho wat do you rekon it aint leaking by the way. if not whats gaz set up like???????????????/

Skoda Fabia vRS

if you get your GAZ kit from Dampertech (5% discount to members) then they will supply whatever lb rate springs you want

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Happy with my FK Automotive set up. £480 with coilovers at front and lifetime guarantee. Corners much better and quick direction changes like when overtaking are lightening fast now. Car handles a lot better and although a little bit harsher when hitting crap roads it is the best thing Ive done to my car with my chip a close second.

Tricky Question.

I went in Mats Valver (Now Adis) and it handled like it was on rails.. didnt move out of line once, went where you pointed it.. top notch stuff..

GAZ, never heard a bad thing about them.. but Ive never been in a car with them so I wont say what they are like - I dont like judging something based on what Ive heard!