ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

No mate behind the headlight is the best place as gets plenty of air from wheel arch. Just make sure you have a type 63 battery so the air filter fits

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
So are you saying the both links that you provided won't fit correctly. Not sure if ive read ur comment right lol
no im saying it will fit even better :smile:

bore sizes are all the same, i was talking about the overall size of the filter.

Edition 30 / GSXR750
It's exactly the same parts as fatty except for a black silicone elbow matey. Can get a pic up later if needed

the filter you linked was a bit bigger, just wanted to see how it fitted, if you could get a pic would be appreciated!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Purchased this setup tonight :) Will post again with my feedback on it!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
My filter has just turned up. It looks quite small, well smaller than i expected.
photo? its should be 2.5cm smaller at the wide end (but the same at the bottom end), and 5.5cm smaller in length than the one in the pic? take a pic of it in the area it is going to go, you should be able to get it in there without is touching anything (which is a problem with the one in the OP as it got damaged by rubbing on everything).

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
4F17249D-13C5-4298-9009-4959CCFE393A_zpsukagrfsj.gif

B50C6CDD-55B7-4341-917B-29BB9F170CB8_zpseqhmftkg.gif

533E8E59-0603-45DD-B72A-046040C7D7D1_zpsusevokrk.gif

Does come with a jubilee clip btw

Clio 182, Supra RZ
My filter has just turned up. It looks quite small, well smaller than i expected.
mine came today aswell... looked at the size of the box gave it a shake and was like thats a lot of empty space? i cant tell weather its pre oiled or not seems very dry although the plastic neck does seem greasy.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
mine came today aswell... looked at the size of the box gave it a shake and was like thats a lot of empty space? i cant tell weather its pre oiled or not seems very dry although the plastic neck does seem greasy.
the manufacture process apparently replaces the oil when new, so no oil needed (according to the RAMAIR website). yes they are very light!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
That sounds bloody amazing. If I hadn't already promised to take Chris Beer's BMC CDA box I'd be all over this!
Its obviously more exaggerated in the first video as its right next to the camera, but yes it does sound pretty awesome (for a 1*2) :smile: I love the sound it makes when you first push the accelerator or blip the peddle (can hear it just as I pull away on first video and when I change down sometimes).

FF Titanium 182
I think it looks a decent size, anything too big is not guna fit by the battery. Awaiting mine should look mint when fitted!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The other pipe hasnt yet arrived but if it comes tomorrow ill post one up
ah ok. I'm dying to see how they fit / look behind the headlight!

fitting instructions btw:
(1) put filter in position behind headlight (and under the negative battery lead)
(2) connect alloy pipe to rubber elbow on engine side - don't tighten
(3) fit alloy pipe into filter, making sure you have the jubilee clip in place already
(4) line everything up then tighten jubilee clips
(5) secure filter around the jubilee clip area to car body with a cable tie

I took mine out whilst I had the front bumper off for something else, so you could do it that way too.

If you've removed the standard airbox and pipe work, the acoustic valve does literally nothing. It was only there to reduce induction noise in the first place in line with EU regulations afaik.