ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Just joined the party 2 years later amd have ordered the alloy pipe and cone filter, thanks @The Fatty

I'll probably make a stupid post about it on my Project Thread in a few weeks.

Very excited to install it having read this thread and watched a few YouTube videos :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Tunnel one looks like dartford tunnel. Needs to get off that clutch too ;)

Ktec one does sound nice though, but for the money, this is a much better kit, if your comparing the 2 vs cost.

Clio 182 Trophy
I'm confused. I've just ordered the ramair cone and a 90 degree ASH silicone elbow in red (obvs). Apart from jubilee clips, do I need anything else? I've seen others having to get joiner things?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
No you dont. Only need joiners if the filter and hose won't match up, which yours will. Have you got the metal pipe going to the filter?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You'll need a joiner and extra jubilee clip for the silicon elbow to join to the inlet elbow. I'm not sure that the silicon elbow is as long as the alloy one though, that's why most swap the inlet elbow with another silicon one?

Clio 182 Trophy
I'll just see if it fits when it turns up, I think that'll be easiest and save me buying things I don't need

Clio 182 Trophy
No you dont. Only need joiners if the filter and hose won't match up, which yours will. Have you got the metal pipe going to the filter?
No metal pipe. I'm completely standard at the moment.

I opted for the red silicone purely for the colour. Soo... TB > Standard Elbow > Silicone Elbow > Ramair? In which case i won't need joiners?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
No metal pipe. I'm completely standard at the moment.

I opted for the red silicone purely for the colour. Soo... TB > Standard Elbow > Silicone Elbow > Ramair? In which case i won't need joiners?

Oh yeah sorry misread you first post:
OE elbow-->OE clip-->70mm alloy joiner-->new Clip-->90degree silicone elbow--> new Clip-->70mm alloy joiner-->Ramair clip-->Ramair filter.
You need the joiners as you cant tighten a clip on to a soft silicone hose against a soft oe elbow and a soft ramair filter!
You chose the expensive way!

Clio 182 Trophy
Oh yeah sorry misread you first post:
OE elbow-->OE clip-->70mm alloy joiner-->new Clip-->90degree silicone elbow--> new Clip-->70mm alloy joiner-->Ramair clip-->Ramair filter.
You chose the expensive way!
Got ya. Best place to order joiners?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_0454.JPG

Clio 182 Trophy
Does everyone remove the air feed from behind the front wheel arch when doing this? Feels a bit... tight

monaco 172
Mine just pulled off the top of the acoustic valve. Needs a bit of muscle but it will come.

Why is the ktec louder? Does it use a bigger cone that we can't source on eBay?

Clio
Good evening,

This may have been asked already in the topic, but how does the ramair filter compare to the stock filter in actual filtration? Is there an increased risk of less filtration on the inlet?

Thanks,