ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Impreza RB5 #054
Probably like most Imprezas it's worth more in bits.

De chav it and sell the bits, put it back to std and it would still fetch a grand all day.

Is there genuinely nothing up with it or is it ready to go pop? It's not my first choice but for that price beggars can't be choosers.

I had an N/A (lol) when I was 19. Bought it completely standard, which looked shocking. Did all the work myself and ended up swapping it for a 172. IMO it looked and sounded f**king brilliant though.

26757_387748849458_1081768_n.jpg

30895_412219694458_8219292_n.jpg

30895_412219689458_1306330_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a load of bargains. Wheels and tyres were £200 for example, genuine STi aluminium bonnet + painting cost me £100. Tein lowering springs were about £80 used with WRX shocks and the carbon diffuser was a 'second' from the HT Autos factory. Borla replica manifold came from USA for £160 delivered (it was like a work of art too) and the Afterburner Vortex I got used for £120.

I made it all back, if not more! The bonnets alone are meant to be £500 new.

I had fog covers, front winglets and a genuine splitter to go on and was waiting for the box spoiler to be released, however at the time I owned it I only had a part time job so the fuel bill was crippling me and I got rid. I wish I'd kept it now :dapprove: it was a lot of fun in the snow!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Looked nice, did you get the winglets direct from Subaru? pricey, think they were about £120odd plus painted from them

Looked nice, did you get the winglets direct from Subaru? pricey, think they were about £120odd plus painted from them
Nope I got them Scoobynet used off an STi, they were silver but my mate was going to spray all the parts for me. It would have looked spot on when finished, the plan was Rota Grid Drifts in bronze too eventually.

Yep it was shocking mate. As I mentioned earlier in the thread I was getting 24mpg no matter how I drove it. Seriously slow too.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Lol.....That Subaru Swap Shop page is the biggest collective of Subaru f**kwits I've ever encountered, the advice given on there is comical...I'm now banned for telling some guy that the TK Impreza he owned wasn't 1 of 3 in the country...lol

​Its a shame really, I used to look forward to reading threads in my lunch break including advice like Impreza remaps are unnecessary because it has a self learning ecu and 800bhp budget engine builds.....lol

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
I had an N/A (lol) when I was 19. Bought it completely standard, which looked shocking. Did all the work myself and ended up swapping it for a 172. IMO it looked and sounded f**king brilliant though.

26757_387748849458_1081768_n.jpg

30895_412219694458_8219292_n.jpg

30895_412219689458_1306330_n.jpg

​That sounds pretty good for an N/A..

Last edited by a moderator:
​That sounds pretty good for an N/A..
Thanks, it was an unequal length Borla manifold, Afterburner Vortex backbox and a straight through centre section.

I got both cats removed afterwards but it ruined the exhaust note... sounded like a complete animal though. I've only ever heard one louder than mine.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Thanks, it was an unequal length Borla manifold, Afterburner Vortex backbox and a straight through centre section.

I got both cats removed afterwards but it ruined the exhaust note... sounded like a complete animal though. I've only ever heard one louder than mine.

I had the AB Vortex on the RA, i agree they are loud! Mine tested 105db without a bung at Castle Combe......was great driving by busy bus stops and flicking ​the antilag on mind with people thinking it was a drive by shooting....lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I have a bung under my seat, never once used it :cool: Still have 1 cat in the system though.

I had the AB Vortex on the RA, i agree they are loud! Mine tested 105db without a bung at Castle Combe......was great driving by busy bus stops and flicking ​the antilag on mind....lol
I was driving behind a classic with antilag and that's what made me want to buy one! Obviously being 19 insurance didn't permit it so I had to have the next best thing :)

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
To be fair, antilag is a gimmick for a road car, I blew the up pipe in half using it for a couple of laps at Japfest a few years ago....The novelty soon wore off along with Launch Control, although LC was always good for the traffic light Grand Prix just to see peoples faces....lol

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Only if the ecu can support it, the majority of the new "choice" standalone ecus like, simtek, Alcatek and Syvecs all support AL and LC.....I'm pretty sure the updated version of the ESL mappable daughter board now supports them as well and its half the cost of a standalone ecu.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
With the OE Denso Newage Impreza Ecu AL and LC can be activated using open source and the Carberry ROM as well as running SD.....Its the ROM of choice at present. Most pro mappers used to slate it especially if they were Ecutek dealers but now more and more are using it....One pro mapper tried to pass it off as his own and re named it "Super ROM" it wasn't until the creator heard about it and the mapper made a public apology...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
They're both about as cool as pops & bangs is on a clio, unless on something mental which requires it. Otherwise they're just a McDonalds Gash-Getter.

Launch control is epic, nothing like pops and bangs

Impreza RB5 #054
With the OE Denso Newage Impreza Ecu AL and LC can be activated using open source and the Carberry ROM as well as running SD.....Its the ROM of choice at present. Most pro mappers used to slate it especially if they were Ecutek dealers but now more and more are using it....One pro mapper tried to pass it off as his own and re named it "Super ROM" it wasn't until the creator heard about it and the mapper made a public apology...

​Which mapper?