ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

They're both about as cool as pops & bangs is on a clio, unless on something mental which requires it. Otherwise they're just a McDonalds Gash-Getter.
Sorry but again it seems you have no idea what you're talking about.

In simple terms, 0n a Clio it's a gimmick. On a turbo'd car like this, it actually serves a decent purpose.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
In simple terms, 0n a Clio it's a gimmick. On a turbo'd car like this, it actually serves a decent purpose.

Exactly what I thought too. Can't compare launch control to a pops and bangs map on a Clio lol

+1
Mahosive difference between pops & bangs on a clio and the sound of a little* backfire and burble from a Subaru.

* = Chris' mates Subaru had more than a little backfire with that antilag lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
They sound awesome don't they. I don't get how some people don't like the sound of these too

I still favour the first ones as the best looking, but some of the later ones do look really good.

I've seen one of those Cosworth ones, it was Grey with four exhausts, bit OTT but quite liked it.

My clio 172 and 600+bhp STi

20130726_191959-1_zpse01b6a56.jpg

Ph 1 172
Would love a bug eyed impreza so much, I just don't think is be able to afford it compared to my 172. Think day to day I'd be fine but if anything went wrong it would be off the road for a few months lol. One day hopeful ill own one... Although there is a mitsubishi evo 3 for sale in a village near me and they onlyqabt a small amount for it.... So tempting

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I prefer wagons anyway, but i I had a saloon i'd definitely have it looking similar to the one above,
never liked the look at me spoilers, that's why I like wagons.

F56 MINI Cooper S
sedan looks much better than wagon IMO. Hawk being the best of the bunch, although i am a big fan of the hatchs!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Got a few pics of this car but the computer in work is slower than me :(. Cant believe it was six years ago!!

subaru5_zps64432842.jpg

subaru2_zpsaad8dcab.jpg

Last edited:
i prefer it myself with spoiler, but only reason i swapped was due to the weight advantage of the carbon bootlid, its ultra light!

172/B8 Quattro
Yeah I'm fine eggy, lol got it cheap with a few niggles (nothing for me) started breaking the 5 as its worth a lot more in parts

RS Clio 172 Cup
My pride and joy for 3 years...
CADSWillo Scooby 01b PURE BEEF 800.jpg

In sprint guise...
20130630_160607.jpg

Blacked out...
20120923_162101.jpg

...and burned out (July this year):cry:
20130712_172046.jpg

Hence the 172 Cup

Attachments

• 20130518_205831.jpg
    20130518_205831.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20130519_110844.jpg
    20130519_110844.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 91
Owned a JDM STi classic for 4 months.

-Heater core failed
-Coolant system failed more times than I can count
-Blew a head gasket (On an impreza that basically means enjoy your engine rebuild)

Sold it as a rolling shell losing £1500. Worst car I've ever owned, never again.

535d / t5 caravelle
Owned a JDM STi classic for 4 months.

-Heater core failed
-Coolant system failed more times than I can count
-Blew a head gasket (On an impreza that basically means enjoy your engine rebuild)

Sold it as a rolling shell losing £1500. Worst car I've ever owned, never again.

sounds like you just bought a heap of s**t tbh, could have been any make of car, my similar experience was with a sapphire cossie, but i lost about £5500!

i have since learnt to to try and buy the best out there, ie pay good money for a nice example and it seems to pay off in terms of reliability, and selling on again etc etc!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Liam I love your classic. Bloody lovely. Perfect infact for one with too many doors.

I have some great memories with Subaru's. Mainly as when I was 21 my bro had a STi 4 he'd let me drive when ever I wanted. Used to love it.

ebay144.gif

It had a full rebuild by APi after the bottom end went about 10 minutes after I handed it back one day..lol

api.gif

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I bet you were popular lol.

I'm just glad it didnt happen to me..lol! He was actually fine about it tbh. Its not like you can "make" it go. Worst thing was with the nur spec on it he could hear me coming from miles away...;)

I was behind one the other day, I think he'd been to a drag strip as it has some numbers in the rear window, it was stupidly loud, but didn't actually go - I just thought tw*t.
It didn't look good either.

RS Clio 172 Cup
Willo! What the hell happened to that stunner? What caused the fire?

Wish I knew mate. Fire brigade and Insurance Engineers couldn't determine the cause. Oil was definitely fuelling it so assuming an oil line or sandwich plate blew. I was on my way to a 2 day sprint at Blyton Park and had my mapper in the car with his laptop as I'd just had Anti-Lag and Launch control added to the ECU and he was mapping it. To say I'm gutted is an understatement but have to say the Clio is good fun to race too ;)