ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Inferno Project Thread

Black Gold Trophy
good effort mate, shame about the tiger seal, I've worked with that stuff before its a bugger to get off once it has set!

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
looking alot better mate, its gonna be mint when your finished! back to standard and with black turini's that would be happy as the proverbial clam.

S4 Avant
Goog job

No tunning
100% Racing

Cheers for that, appreciated:approve:

Probably should do a quick update

Been driving it just over a month now, my exhaust has had to be fixed at least 3 times, and will probably never be right, so I'm now looking at a decat milltek system:approve:

The vomit that was left in it on saturday night has been cleaned, and no longer smells of disinfectant.

The LED sidelights broke a few weeks ago, so that halfords crap came out.

The tiger seal on the quarters has been sanded off, and I'm awaiting paint for it.

Future modifications will include, coilovers, running silly camber, and probably a set of r888s or yoko paradas.

and in the very very distant future, as the resale value is nothing, and I quite like sleepers, the turbo conversion shall be had.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Sorry dave but..

Picture056.jpg

:lolup: nearly had me in tears reading that, i had to miss my turn at bowling cos i was laughing so much!

get a milltek bought ;)

S4 Avant
Yes... the centre section fell completely off last night. Twas dragging on the floor, so I had to find the nearest place to pull over... which happened to be right outside my local police station :( Reversing all the way back home so the rest of the exhaust isn't ripped off, FTL

Decat and welded centre section arriving on monday though, so no bother:)

S4 Avant
How far did you have to reverse?! LOL!

About half a mile, the really embarrassing thing was, there was no way of being quiet about it. Everyone was at their windows wondering what this huuuge noise was.

Me... without an exhaust

lmao brilliant :)

french build quality at its best!

I tell you, the french know how to run car companies. Build a car and pre-programme it to break every two weeks, so they can charge you to fix it.

and just Dave Clio? I'm offended, should at least be something like, "Sisters t**t of an Ex"

S4 Avant
Quick update again, fitted a gdi decat and magnex centre section tonight :approve:

Much thanks to clio coby for the selling of it.

Then it's just a trip to power flow to get the centre section matching up with the back boxes.

Now, to find somwhere that can take the lambda sensor out of the cat... the b4stard won't budge.

S4 Avant
Massive thanks to Matt (mx1_champ) for this one, sent me some photos of what he's been up to with the car.

dec082071.jpg

dec082069.jpg

Needless to say, I am incredibly impressed, and so happy that the outside of the car will finally now be finished!

Thanks Matt, keep up the good work!

(Loving the use of the AMG alloys!)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
cheers mate you will have the car back soon hopefully and be happy with it . yeh an expensive bumperstand that lol .

S4 Avant
Update on the painting:

DSCN2363.jpg

Photo-0098.jpg

DSCN2536.jpg

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2618.jpg

DSCN2595.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

Decent pics to follow, once I can be aresed to get out and give it a good wash and polish

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
does look brilliant now!

roll on sat for some pics! i have a new tri-pod to try out :D

S4 Avant
Not updated this for a while, so may as well add some little bits.

Cambelt and Aux belt was changed at GDI in January, Sideways Danny did an amazing job of it.

Spent the rest of my time driving the thing and having fun with all the problems that have popped up.

New(ish) exhaust should be coming at the end of the month, and then I'm wanting to upgrade tyres and brakes next payday. As I've been pushing the limits more and more, I've started to get a lot of brake fade, so info on the best pads and discs to go for would be good!

340i
Dave... for the brakes

stainless steel brake lines

Some good Dot 5.1 brake fluid

Brembo HC front discs

Ferodo DS2500 pads

Can do the lot for just under £200 ;) IIRC

S4 Avant
Problem sorted!

It's scary stamping on the brakes at over 100mpg and finding that it has no effect whatsoever

S4 Avant
Some updates.

I'm getting bored with the car at the moment, and this thread makes me smile at how far it's come.

Since I've last been in here, it's gained:

Gaz coilovers
Yellowstuff pads
4x parada spec 2's
Couple of carbon fibre bits
A service

However the list of what's wrong and what it needs has grown massively.

Exhaust baffles are rattling there tits off, mounts have failed and it bangs on the rear beam going over bumps. Need a new one.

Dephaser pulley is to be changed along with all the belts again once I can get the time off work.

I'm having issues with a knocking front suspension top mount that won't go away.

My steering wheel has decided to undress itself in the last 6 months.

My washer jets still don't work.

The sections of paint on my car that were lucky enough to get laquered, have now started to lose there laquer, and return to their previous colour.

It needs a f**king clean. There's a burst pack of frosties in my boot that I haven't been arsed to clean for the past month.

If it wasn't Cat C I'd have gotten rid by now I reckon. Really can't be arsed with it at the moment.

Some pictures. Before I lost intrest.

DSC00167-1.jpg

DSC00059-1.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

Bus w**ker
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

I had to laugh at this though.

hows the paint work holdin up everythin still ok ? and i stil really really want this car :(

Lovely car mate. Do you reccomend mx1 champ for my spraying ;)

Dave contact me on on Saturday (or Thursday/Friday if you're not working like some suck), obviously this depends on whether you're going watching some gay vampire film, and pop on down to Sym0torsport (god I'm good). If Gray's not rubbing himself all over his R26 he might pop round too...then we can both stand and mock your car. :)

S4 Avant
Dave contact me on on Saturday (or Thursday/Friday if you're not working like some suck), obviously this depends on whether you're going watching some gay vampire film, and pop on down to Sym0torsport (god I'm good). If Gray's not rubbing himself all over his R26 he might pop round too...then we can both stand and mock your car. :)

I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably be working Thursday and Friday. I do normally work weekdays, so assume that this week will be no different.

Saturday morning and early afternoon i can do though?

S4 Avant
Not a patch on Gray-Motorsport...

Gray-Motorsport has been very helpful. I'll always remember that track rod end x

Gimme a bell, I've got no plans and as of now neither has Kieran...if he wants his R26 to not be a smouldering pile when he gets back from Spain.

I will give you several bells. Many times. and Kierans R26 will be living in Father Grays shed apparently, I'll get you the alarm code ;)

Bus w**ker
I will give you several bells. Many times. and Kierans R26 will be living in Father Grays shed apparently, I'll get you the alarm code ;)
Give me a ring too.

Don't worry, I cloned the RF fob when I was round last so the alarm won't be an issue...plus I know that Gray Sr won't let Gray Jnr use the garage.

340i
jealousy has many different forms...

LOL I'll have the guard dog out, "watch out Scottish terrier about!" although he is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car. Looks like youve worked hard to get it to where it is now.

Have a good summer in it.

Sam!

S4 Avant
Cheers!

I think in the coming months, I'll have to make some big changes to it, or I'll go mad with boredom/desire for new car.