ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Knockhill Thread.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Sorry to hijack this thread but are any of our Scottish contingent coming to ClioSport Saturday?

We specifically looked for a location further north to attract you guys along but so far there's a hardly anyone from north of the border signed up to it.

Hope to see some of you there and more importantly out on track.

Ron.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Sunglasses_Ron its still roughly a 4h 30min trip and around 300miles from Edinburgh to Blyton.

Think of these people that would need to come from -

Dundee - 5h 27min - 341miles
Aberdeen - 6h 37min - 406miles
Inverness - 7h 07min - 428miles
Oban - 6h 26min - 366miles
Glasgow - 4h 18min - 272miles.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Sunglasses_Ron its still roughly a 4h 30min trip and around 300miles from Edinburgh to Blyton.

Think of these people that would need to come from -

Dundee - 5h 27min - 341miles
Aberdeen - 6h 37min - 406miles
Inverness - 7h 07min - 428miles
Oban - 6h 26min - 366miles
Glasgow - 4h 18min - 272miles.
That's a fair point Marc it's a long way for a lot of us but its equally as far for those coming from the South of England. Its a fairly central location this year IMO.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
London - 3h 10min - 168miles
Swansea - 4h 16min - 252miles
Exeter - 4h 18min - 271miles
Liverpool - 2h 20min - 129miles
Stockton-on-tees - 1h 53min - 115miles

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I get what your saying about it still being a long way from a lot of you but we had to try and find somewhere that suited you guys better while still being accessible to everyone else.

And finding a Motorsport location that met our needs wasn't easy trust me.

Ph2 172
Would be a full day for me, too far to come for a half day. The track nights would be good if I wasn't over 2 hours away, I'd spend more time traveling to and from than on track!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I really want to get into this lads. £170 for the day, are there any other costs on top of that? I'm looking at a couple of cars in the for sale section just now, specifically the Monaco 172 that seems track prepared for £2k

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yeah I understand that but on the day? Do I need to add track insurance on? Really not sure what to do

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Ok so what happens if you bin it into someone else?

Sorry for the questions but it's something I really want to do. Issue is it's already mid summer and I don't have a car ready for track!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As far as I'm aware, it's every man for themselves when it comes to track insurance. If someone piles into you in a braking zone and you don't have insurance, then that's your problem. So in the same way if you hit someone else then it's their issue for not taking out insurance to cover themselves.

I'm pretty certain that's how it works anyway

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Ok.

So
Car
Track day cost
Fuel
Tyres
Brakes

I wouldn't be trailering the car, I'd just be using it as normal and drive it up on insurance and tax etc.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
That's pretty much it mate. on strack is a free for all, some get a little excitable but (touch wood) there have been no major incidents in the time I've been up there.

Car, tyres, track day cost, fuel & brakes. its always worth another set of wheels if you can just for the drive home and you can always leave them on someone's trailer whilst your on track. I have mine taxed and insured and used to drive to & from the track as well.

The plan of buying one already prepped is a cost effective way of doing it, I wouldn't like to tell you how much has been thrown at the Trophy, so the more that has been done in advance of you buying the better!

hope to see you up there

Craig

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cheers Craig. I previously had a trophy but it was mint and I wouldn't have taken it on track albeit it was epic on a back road. Unfortunately the guy with the Monaco isn't budging on his price so onto the next one. Like the wee pugeot aswell but it's overpriced for what it is

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
see you guys up there, not sure when i'll arrive mind you with work........hopefully its dry as i cant be arsed changing anything from last weeks set up

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Fraser to the sin bin lol
Green clio to the tyre wall :( lol
Was a wet night , but for the last two hours the track dried up but was too busy most of the time

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Was ludicrously busy. Loads of stoppages (1 of which was my fault), and as Fraser says far too many people refused to move just because they were quicker on the straights.

Tried new geo set up an it was a step backwards :down:

Who rolled there clio, says on Facebook someone did?

Has anyone got a full list of who is doing what at knockhill this year? I'd like to try a reverse day at somepoint

There site has a list of dates but there is always other nights on the go, wouldn't mind getting involved with a few aswell. A reverse day sounds good, only cause that side of my tyres have more life :grin: