ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Shire Horse Pub Maidenhead - 7.30pm Monday 3rd September

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just past the idea over, met with a frosty response.

So have a good time chappys, we used to come down to these a lot.

Still, I do have to be at work at 4.30am, so not such a good idea anyway.

Part# for cup wishbones anybody?

I didnt bother to peel the stickers off my ones, so I can have a look at the weekend for you if its not too long? As I expect they are still on there (im working aw from home, car is in somerset)

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'll be there too.

And for you oldies who couldn't remember the Rep who used to organise it - It was Ian aka Blink172

Which has just made me realise I'll be the only original in attendance :(
No you won't, I'm coming ;)

Petrol Blue 182.
Nice to meet a few new people and put a few names to faces, DK, Chip and Ellen of course!

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
Good to see you all again guys /girl, just a shame about my mix grill :eek: cheers for the chips Ellen!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Decent meet peeps! Good to meet a few more of you, sorry I didn't get to chat with all of you as much as I'd have liked!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Good meet last night! Look forward to the next one, where ever it is! But if it's going to be in Berkshire can it be a Wednesday night next time :eek:

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see some familiar faces, and to finally put some faces to usernames too - Luke, Nick172Cup, couzens, DK - shame I didn't get to catch up with you guys down the other end of the table... Next time.

Speaking of which, Monday 1st October (sorry Jon) and pool at Riley's in Reading. Just for fun, nothing serious.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
:dapprove: Might try and make that anyway. But I'm rubbish at Pool so dont get your hopes up! :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice to meet a few new people and put a few names to faces, DK, Chip and Ellen of course!

Despite sitting next to Ellen for ages I completely forgot to ask her if she could help me at all with regards to massaging something stiff I had in my trousers which I had meant to do.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
You say that but many have failed getting a regular meet going back there for a while! We used to be having them fortnightly at one point.

As you say though its a good location and good food, sitting out the front on the benches in summer is :cool:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You say that but many have failed getting a regular meet going back there for a while! We used to be having them fortnightly at one point.

As you say though its a good location and good food, sitting out the front on the benches in summer is :cool:

Once a month is probably better, if its once a fortnight people are more inclined to not bother going cause its only 2 weeks to the next one anyway, where as if its once a month they make more of an effort IME

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Completely agree Chip, we only had it that regular because it had become, well such a regular thing!

DK / msa, can you remember where that hill top was on the Marlow Run that we used to stop off and take pictures at?

I've mapped the route out but can't remember off shoot we used to take. It was just a sandy gravel layby that we used.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We could meet up at the shire horse and then go for a drive out to the longbridge mill or to nandos or something one month maybe, rather than just be a static meet.

Although TBH im a chav when im in a 172 and would probably drive like a tool, especially if im in the turbo, lol

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Haha, well the Marlow Ring was 32miles long with the Start Finish at the Shire Horse.

The other route some of us took back down south was the A339 from Basingstoke to Alton there and back with is about 22 miles That could fit in well with the Longbridge Mill meet.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
A339 is an awesome road. I remember warping the brakes of my Fiesta on that, lol!