ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Start Of My 172 Replica

172 rep
Had my car for about 6 months now, decided to make a rep out of it.

Bits i've bought so far are :

Powertec Induction Kit (fitted)
Front RS Bumper
Rear RS Bumper (fitted)
RS Skirts
Set of 172 Wheels (going to be refurbed in matt black)
New Exhaust
V-Maxx Coilovers

Bits I'm planning on buying (as soon as I can get hold of 'em!!):

RS Wings
Front Archliners
Both grills for the RS front bumper

If anybody has any of those bits^, let me know!!

So far, i've put the rear bumper on, the exhaust is gonna be put on Saturday, just thought i'd pop some pics up to see what everybody thinks.

Car Standard

P06-03-09_1406.jpg

Induction Kit

P06-03-09_1545.jpg

With New Rear RS Bumper

P06-03-09_1407.jpg

Obviously the car is a work in progress, I will add more pics and stuff as everything else gets put on.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's going to be rare to see a 1.2 thats not a rep! lol. Good going tho. See Brembo's for a decent finished article.

172 rep
It's going to be rare to see a 1.2 thats not a rep! lol. Good going tho. See Brembo's for a decent finished article.

Lol, that's who i bought the bumpers, skirts and exhaust from. His looked real nice.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
na. go for a stud conversion. There so much better, stronger and cheaper for all the studs, nuts, spacers and wheel hangers.

Its a miles better kit in general.

Its safer to!

Thanks, Sam!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Were abouts in wales fella ?

^ dont go studs, fukd both my hubs up and had to get 2 new flanjes (sp) £200 bill :(

172 rep
lol, i dont get how those ^ work!
If i got just spacers, wouldn't i need to get new bolts to hold the wheels on, 'cos the ones i've got wouldn't be long enough would they?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Studs are basicly you screew them in and thats it, place the spacer on then the wheel and use the Bolt head to tightn it up :)

but with them you cant tight them that much as the Stud will screw more in and damage the thread, speakin from experience with them id never touch them again unless they were proffesional 1's .

yes, youl need longer bolts for the spacers as they wont reach the hub to hold them on,

172 rep
ok, thanks for clearing that up for me! On that ebay listing it said summit about "wheel wobble" when you have just spacers on, is this right, or is he just trynna sell what he got.

Sorry to sound so dull, just not really had much experience with cars.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ye 20mm will cause a slight wheel wobble as its not restin on top ov the hun, but if you went and bought Hubercentric spacers these will fit on top of your hubs makin it more stable for the wheels :) cost abit more but are worth it :)

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
i'd lose the mirrors and whack the standards back on mate. looks good though, will watch the thread for any progress!

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
i went for 25mm H&R spacers on my old replica, they bolted to the but so i got to use my old bolts and lockers ,

cost £100+ but well worth it imo

172 rep
i'd lose the mirrors and whack the standards back on mate. looks good though, will watch the thread for any progress!

Yea, a couple of people have said that, only reason I got them on there is 'cos some t*** hit my mirror off and smashed my window just before xmas, somebody bought those mirrors as a present for me at chirstmas. Gotta get something sorted with 'em anyway 'cos my climate control aint working properly becuase the temp sensor went with the mirror they hit off!!

clio 1.2
you may also want some clio sport xenon headlamps to complete the rep look which i am currently selling;) there a straight swap too and look cool

172 rep
you may also want some clio sport xenon headlamps to complete the rep look which i am currently selling;) there a straight swap too and look cool

Got a set of HID's in there mate, might get some proper one's once I got some spare cash, look good as they are though!
Thanks anyway.

172 rep
Just a little update.

Got my exhaust fitted today, took the front bumper and skirts to a body shop to be painted, should be done by Friday.

Need to get hold of a surround if anybody has one?

Pic of exhaust

P09-03-09_151501.jpg

P09-03-09_151502.jpg

Julian

172 rep
Small update, got front bumper and skirts back from bodyshop, ordered a set of RS wings from the stealers yesterday, they should be here tomorrow.

Picking up my wheels tomorrow, had them refurbed in graphite grey.

I'll pop some pics up once I get home.

172 rep
yes i know, aked about but none for sale, and begrudge(sp?) paying the price the main dealers are asking for them!!