ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Start Of My 172 Replica

172 rep
Okay, here's the pic of my bumper/skirts, gonna be picking the wheels up tomoz, along with the wings. Hopefully should have the lot onto the car by Sunday, ready to get the coileys fitted on Monday!

P14-03-09_164101.jpg

172 rep
Wanna try and get the exterior sorted first, not to fussed about the interior atm, mine is exactly the same except it isn't leather, it has the funny folding headrests and the big bolsters on the side of the seats too, so not hugely bothered about that now, but will defo be looking into it in the future!

172 rep
I have the fog surrounds, and the renault badge and the headlamp washer things. Still looking for the grilles (upper and lower) tho tbh, if I can't find anyone with some for sale to night, i'm just gonna get some from Renault tomorrow, cba looking anymore!!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you got the wings mate?

Its just i didnt see it mentioned in any of your posts and the bumper and the skirts wont go on if they are offcial renault sport ones as the wing is different at the bottom for the skirts to clip in, and the wings are alot wider for the front bumper to fit right.

Thanks, Sam!

172 rep
Yes I've got them, metioned earlier that I was picking them up tomorrow, got a brand new set from the dealers cba with ebay etc, and they were going for just as much!!

Just gotta take 'em to be painted and then I can put 'em on (once I get some archliners) lol

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
:eek:

ok mate.

I think the arch liners are the most expensive bit.

There about 120 quid each for the fronts and about 40 quid each for the backs.

You dont really need them tbh.

172 rep
£120!!!!! fcuk that! I'll try n make mine fit!! Or just hang on and get some used!

On the back, i've still got my original ones, just drilled some extra holes in them, and two in the bottom of the bumper, fits a dream!!

172 rep
Ok, picked up my wheels today and put them on, very very happy with the quality of them, and how they look on the car!

Here's a couple of pics:

P18-03-09_144801.jpg

P18-03-09_1448.jpg

Hoping to have the front bumper, wings and skirts on by the weekend!!

P.S The white marks on the wheels are from where they fitted the tyres (that water stuff they use) not actual marks!

hi lad, glad to see the alloy wheel going to good use.

maybe it is the light, but just check that paint work and if needs be take some better photos and put them up on here . . . from what i can see it looks to be a very poor finish (very dull) and will annoy you when the parts are on the car as it will look out of place.

like i said, could well be just the light, but worth checking :)

jamie

172 rep
You're talking about the bumper and skirts yer?

I know what you mean, the car is going back to the place that painted them once all the bits are on, to have it all flattened off and polished up, they don't look too bad tbh, I don't think the picture does it any justice as it was in the shade, with nothing really to make it stand out as shiny!! (if that makes sense!!)

172 rep
The bloke who painted them is a mate of mine, if i'm not happy once their on, i'll get him to sort em out anyways, so not too worried atm. See what they look like once their on.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah mate you will definately need them, they rivett to the car then then lip of the skirt hangs over them, renault will sell them at a stupid price, i managed to get mine of here. i just had to get some from my replica skirts as previously i had just glued them but one had started to come away. they fit much better with the clips

they work like this
DSC00868.JPG

fittingsideskirtcopy.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yep its not that difficult, you just need to make sure they are in the right place as if they are too high it will push the skirt up and then you wont be able to open the door without ripping it off

172 rep
It's quite funny actually 'cos I was in my garden the other day looking at the skirts and thinking, "surely just those couple of screws don't hold it on all by themselves!!"

Obviously I was right lol.

I wonder if I could use summit else?

I mean it's only a bit of plastic after all, so if I just get one made up similar, then it should do the same job I would have thought!

Last edited:
  White Clio 1.2 @ 172
It's quite funny actually 'cos I was in my garden the other day looking at the skirts and thinking, "surely just those couple of screws don't hold it on all by themselves!!"

Obviously I was right lol.

I wonder if I could use summit else?

I mean it's only a bit of plastic after all, so if I just get one made up similar, then it should do the same job I would have thought!

funnily enough I might have some of those clips from my 172 that i tore up. send me a PM and ill let you know if i can get them off over the weekend.

this is the remains of it http://www.facebook.com/v/137750510692 hahaha

172 rep
Bit of an update, fitted the wings and front bumper over the weekend. Wasn't as difficult as I thought, just a matter of finding all the bloody bolts!!

Pics:

P20-03-09_1546.jpg

P20-03-09_154601.jpg

P20-03-09_154602.jpg

And then with it all fitted:

P23-03-09_162801.jpg

Then I had my coileys fitted today:

Before:

P23-03-09_0959.jpg

P23-03-09_1012.jpg

After:

P23-03-09_1748.jpg

P23-03-09_162802.jpg

P23-03-09_1627.jpg

Not sure how much it's been lowered by, the garage did it all for me. I know the backs are wound right down, but not sure about how much the fronts are?!

Still got a few things to do:

RS Upper Grill
RS Lower Grill (should be here by weds bought it from someone on here)
Colour code door strips and handles
Side skirts need to be fitted, trynna get hold of the clips to put them on with.

Let me know what you think.

172 rep
Yer, there's bloody tonnes of bolts on em isn't there!! everytime I thought I had the last one, there was more!! lol.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
Lol, that was how it was on the instructions, does it make a difference?

it'll b gettin all the radiator heat.

get urself a cold air feed from the bottom left of the engine up to it
stand as if ur lookin at the engine from the front right down at the left side near where the fog lamp shood be or is ull find a plastic flap the cuts out with the use of the old Stanley blade, run it up to ur induction kit and cable tie it to the old mount for the original engine cover/air filter

i used to have that very induction kit on my old 1.2, gave it a nice wee bit of torque, nothing dramatic but compared to the standard setup it was noticeable.

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
what's with the gap between the front bumper and the headlights? (just underneath the headlights)

Ultra Red Clio 197
yeah mate you will definately need them, they rivett to the car then then lip of the skirt hangs over them, renault will sell them at a stupid price, i managed to get mine of here. i just had to get some from my replica skirts as previously i had just glued them but one had started to come away. they fit much better with the clips

they work like this
DSC00868.JPG

I was going to post this picture to show you my car when I was fitting the skirts the other week... I see I was beat to it! lol... Anyway, I was dreading fitting the skirts but actually it was the easiest part of the RS Rep conversion.. You really do need the proper brackets as its quite incredible that they hold the skirts so well.. I didnt use any glue so they have a self tapping screw at the front then are bolted underneath which I had to drill 5 holes for to match the holes at the bottom of the side skirt. I luckly got a full set of 16 brackets with the skirts I bought, but I know Renault sell them individually as some silly price. Some people have got away with only putting 4 down each side... but as I had them I put 8. Just take your time measuring and like I did you can use a marker to mark the back of the skirt where each bracket sits then transfer those marks onto the car by measuring the distance between each before then drilling and riveting etc.. Dont know if it was necessary but when I drilled the hole I also put some black silicone in it which I hope will make a seal between the hole and rivet and stop any water getting in..

Get intouch if you have a question that I havent covered!

Good Luck!

172 rep
what's with the gap between the front bumper and the headlights? (just underneath the headlights)

I've just noticed that, I think it might be because I haven't yet put the plastic cover back on that sits on the bumper and bolts in somewhere underneath the car, think it might be making it sag a bit. It's all secure i've checked it, and all the bolts are in that I took out, it must just be because of that plastic cover that's not back on yet.

Didn't put it back on because I'm waiting for the lower grill to come and I'd have to take it off to put that on anyway, I thought it would be here today!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes, They are your crash pads, they clip into the back bits and if you go into the back of someone, it wont just smash your front bumper to pieces.

They are designed to withstand the impact to a certain extent!

That maybe why your front bumper is sagging.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
looks good buddy, i think and dont quote me on this as it was a while since i did mine but you should have a plastic tray that connects to the bumper and is held on to the bottom of the car by two bolts, i think its to stop stones flicking up and hitting the radiator. also im not sure you will be able to fit the lower sport grill with the bumper on the car