ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To all 200 owners

Turbo LY R27
So they the 'better economy' on the 200's that renault talk about sounds like pish then. Dont seem to be any different on mpg. But we didnt buy it for that;)

GTD, Lupo
I have also noticed my rear fog lights seem to turn themselves on aswell. I was thinking it was just me but on about 10 occasions i have noticed that im suddely driving along with my fogs on.

As for the lumpyness when cold i dont find it too bad i just notice the engine is very tight and does not want to rev. Which isnt a bad thing as less damage can be done.

The gear box was very hard and i struggled to find 2nd and 3rd for a small period but it has got better over time. When pushing the car i just found it hard to find the gears but like i said all sorted now i have covered more mile, though it seems not enough to get the LOOK AT ME AWARD i have done the most miles :(

As for the stereo, mine goes loud enough to destort the speakers. I noticed sometimes when i use cds its very quite but i just recorded them with a higher input level.

Paul

Abarth 500 Essesse
Paul and famguy that's interesting as it's exactly what I am having. Renault wish to inspect mine further so it would seem that it shouldn't be as difficult to select 2nd as it is but it does seem to have improved now it's got 1500 miles on the clock.

Also when changing at about 6k do any of you hear a noise from the front of the car when depressing the clutch? Difficult to describe the noise tbh so no worries if you have no idea what I'm talking about!

Clio 200
yeah between 25-28mpg average. 34 on a cruise and about 23 on when my right foot is feeling heavy.
I do actually get a knocking when i take the handbrake off but only one knock then thats it.
Also i do find it a pain to get it into second gear especially when ur red lining it in first i find i really have to chuck it into second or an embarasing bounce off the limiter follows. :p

trip computer shows an average of 26mpg, but if you use the miles on the car divided by the gallons used feature it shows an average of 38mpg.

Don't know what to believe tbh, put petrol in when needed job done.

Danny aye pollockshaws again had no issues at all in and away after 40 mins so not too bad.

STEALTH RAIDER
when i first took a 200 out for a test drive, i had trouble selecting second on a few occasions but maybe it might be the change of car for me.

I have never had probs putting it in gear. The gas clutch ration can make it kangaroo when you first drive it but thats just getting used to it and compensating. Also about the cold is that it soulds really good in the cold :).
I havent had any probs with mine, mayb i have been lucky, yes it jumps when you take the hand break off, there is also a hissing at the rear like its air, like a coach dropping down for an old person, hasnt done any harm tho. All in all i think the boot is the only crap bit of the car cos i always seem to manage to slam it but who cares :p Its french, but its really fun and its cheap :p
Saying that the petrol is a concern but its naturally aspirated engine, it was also cheaper for me to get insured in a GTI mpg would be better but its turbod.

Clio 200 Black and White
I always found my 182 quite efficient on a long motorway journey. Pretty bad when going for it or in town traffic, but as you say Louis, it's NA.

For me, that's one of the best things about it - the high rev limit, brilliant throttle response, linear delivery (discounting the cam change kick). The very need to keep it wound up is one of the things that makes it so addictive to drive on a good road.

With turbo torque you're inherently less dependent on perfect heel and toe gearchanges and you don't need to rev out every last ounce of potential from each of the perfectly matched gears, but that's what makes driving so much fun!

It'll be a sad day indeed when the get rid of the NA engine in the Clio, which looks likely to happen for the Mk4.

i love my 200 in ly ,does anybody have a slight flat spot at around 3000 to 3500 ,it bursts my ti*s
lights on dip not great other wise i love it to bits . better to drive than my 08 sti
cheers geo:race::race::race::race::race:

The dip in revs is due to air being drawn into the engine i believe as it is naturally aspirated. I think a turbo would reduce the lag, that why in GTI (similar stats 2ltr engine) or a mini, you have power throughout the gears which is not the case in the clios. On the other hand it is more fun this way.

I always found my 182 quite efficient on a long motorway journey. Pretty bad when going for it or in town traffic, but as you say Louis, it's NA.

For me, that's one of the best things about it - the high rev limit, brilliant throttle response, linear delivery (discounting the cam change kick). The very need to keep it wound up is one of the things that makes it so addictive to drive on a good road.

With turbo torque you're inherently less dependent on perfect heel and toe gearchanges and you don't need to rev out every last ounce of potential from each of the perfectly matched gears, but that's what makes driving so much fun!

It'll be a sad day indeed when the get rid of the NA engine in the Clio, which looks likely to happen for the Mk4.

Sorry dude was typing before you posted :p

GTD, Lupo
I have never had probs putting it in gear. The gas clutch ration can make it kangaroo when you first drive it but thats just getting used to it and compensating. Also about the cold is that it soulds really good in the cold :).
I havent had any probs with mine, mayb i have been lucky,

Problem/issue 1: yes it jumps when you take the hand break off,

Problem/issue 2: there is also a hissing at the rear like its air, like a coach dropping down for an old person, hasnt done any harm tho.

Problem/issue 3: All in all i think the boot is the only crap bit of the car cos i always seem to manage to slam it but who cares :p

Problem/issue 4: Its french, but its really fun and its cheap :p :D :D :D :D :D

Problem/issue 5: Saying that the petrol is a concern but its naturally aspirated engine, it was also cheaper for me to get insured in a GTI mpg would be better but its turbod.

Corrected your post for you as i think you are lying to yourself :D As said you seem to be having most of the problems as everyone else albeit very small problems.

Gorms

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Economy is around 32mpg with some town use, 35mpg on decent runs.

No issues with brakes or gearbox.

Mine has just over 2000 miles on.

:)

The breaks do squeek sometimes but not very much now, they got bad but hardly squeek now, i find they squeek if ive been going slow and stop if ive been going fast.

I dont know what the clunk is when you take off the hand break but its cool :p

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i got stone stuck in my seat roller today and cost me 40 quid to get it repaired, it had crushed the roller, gutted

BMW 5 Series
GP Motorsport

The white wheels on your STI are bang on, what are they?
might try a set on the white 197?

Thanks MM

BMW 5 Series
Thanks, just been on no 5 studs will try again without the red wine!
Always fancied a scoob or evo but getting on a bit ,yours is absolutley c**k on all the right bits and pieces, well done.

MM