ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy running ruff & spluttering on idle

Adz

Work van
Hi guys needs some help with my trophy ....

It is running ruff & spluttering on idle with an engine management light on constant, sometimes the car will run on 3 cylinders with a flashing engine management light and lack of all power, I have replace the following items;-

Coil pack
HT leads
Spark plugs
Pre cat lambda sensor

I've aleo checked the injectors and they seem ok,

it's also just had a cambelt, depasher pulley, water pump, coolant, oil filter and oil change. The engine is in around 107k, any ideas guys it's driving me mad all I want to do is drive it

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Start with CLIP, run the misfire detection program and see which cylinder has its knickers in a twist first off. Then go from there.

Mick

Adz

Work van
Start with CLIP, run the misfire detection program and see which cylinder has its knickers in a twist first off. Then go from there.

Mick
What do you mean by the clip? I'll get a diagnostic done and see what's up

Volvo S40
CLIP is renault's diagnostic software. If you've replaced everything else it's probably going to be an injector even if they look ok. Mine has gone through 2 in 9 months. Similar mileage to you at 104k and no evidence that they'd ever been replaced in the past. You can pick genuine ones up on eBay for ~£21 though so a pretty cheap fix.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Agreed - I've not even seen the car and i'm pretty certain it'll be an injector causing a 10-25% misfire rate.

Just bang x4 brand new units in and be done with it