ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

i priced it up when i rebuilt the TT........was around 5k in extra parts, then the time it would of took the fit the f00ker....

AMEN tbh

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
When youve just spent 7k on one, why not go 5 more! Get it done lad. lol.
Nar coz that will make it way to much. Including buying the car and the conversion was still less than buying a clio new so its all good

renault 5tt+clio tt
i priced it up when i rebuilt the TT........was around 5k in extra parts, then the time it would of took the fit the f00ker....

AMEN tbh

Iv just bought a 4x4 tt 6speed box of ebay 56 quid and A COMPLETE REAR AXLE INCLUDING DRIVE SHAFTS, ANTI ROLL BAR AND DIFF 280 quid, ebay again, sourced a prop shaft for 50 quid all thats left now is to get out the grinder and welder:lolup:

Iv just bought a 4x4 tt 6speed box of ebay 56 quid and A COMPLETE REAR AXLE INCLUDING DRIVE SHAFTS, ANTI ROLL BAR AND DIFF 280 quid, ebay again, sourced a prop shaft for 50 quid all thats left now is to get out the grinder and welder:lolup:

images-1.jpg
.........FYI, the 6 speed ratios are w**k, you need a 5 speed early version else the ratios are w**k has they are now!!:cool:

have you managed to start it yet? after the call?!?

R5 GTT

So paul whats this going in the 5 or the clio??

Edit - Just read the rest of the post for the clio.

renault 5tt+clio tt
So paul whats this going in the 5 or the clio??
Well the 5's parked up as im still waiting for a mount i snapped at oulton park last week, comes in tuesday. Engines out of the clio... still playing with a few options but been folowing a few 4x4 part on ebay and when i seen these come up. they were to cheap to miss out on. even if i dont use them.. good profit to be made on them, rear diff alone go for 400+ and the box.. seen some for 600:)

ValverInBits
hmmmm would it not have weedy driveshafts??

they are the least of your worries. gearbox will just munch itself when shown any kind of usefull power.
4WD is an EMMENSE amount of effort. Cutting welding and custom engineering will all add up and the gains you make are questonable unless the car is pure 1/4mile dragslag

Ryan, I feel for you mate, this thread gets more spam than everything else together

Astra van,Mk1 nova
just read all 25 pages of this! great job doing it yourself mate, mucho balls! lots spent also:cool: serious lack of pics dampened the thread for me tho! still a good read.

How is the box holding up? whats the max bhp you can put through a standard box?

and again good read and fair play for finishing it in such a short time scale:D

just read all 25 pages of this! great job doing it yourself mate, mucho balls! lots spent also:cool: serious lack of pics dampened the thread for me tho! still a good read.

How is the box holding up? whats the max bhp you can put through a standard box?

and again good read and fair play for finishing it in such a short time scale:D
Sorry bout not being many pick thats the only problem when you only have a phone to take pics. box is doing ok but you can tell its not liking it. Think the max is prob 210 anything over it will start to slowly go.

Think its so bad with a turbo because of the sudden kick of power instead of gradual.

320d
What box options are there for the car? Meggy box because the 2.0T from the 225/R26 is turbo'd a F4R isnt. If the box fits you could have 6 speed and LSD if you got the R26 box ryan. That would be very cool.

wait and see ;)
wus only joking anyway pal:) glad to hear its still goin strong, where wus you tonight we had a mini-meet at jords house LOL

wait and see ;)
soft lad;) me n my mate went jords have a chat then immi christopher and sum1 else turned up lol, cs mini-meet at jords in the cold FTL lol, have you still not cleaned you car either ryan, bet its aweful now

soft lad;) me n my mate went jords have a chat then immi christopher and sum1 else turned up lol, cs mini-meet at jords in the cold FTL lol, have you still not cleaned you car either ryan, bet its aweful now
lol shh your not ment to tell everyone ;) its really black now :D