ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  Welcome to the L4yer
Original Contis are okay, nothing special
Yoko A539s are poo, no grip in the wet
Toyo T1R are great, loads of grip and looses it progressively in all conditions

LY V6 with Recaros
PE2's for me. The only ones I've had on the 182, but can't complain, they stick well to the road! Done 16k and still got loads of tread!

I certainly notice the difference going from my bfs 1.2 clio with budget tyre on, the car slides all over the place lol!

See My Clio? Tell Me
currently running standard contis that come on 172's there so much better the the p6000 shyt i had going to go for pe2's next tho i think

mini cooper (RIP 172)
ive just got some F1's (£50 each from mytyres;) ) and think there better then contis in the dry and wet, make less noise goin round bends as well:D

not had any others on the 172 so cant say about the rest, i was goin for pe2's but where £70 and F1's £50:eek:

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Continental Contact sport 3, they came with my 197 and give fantastic grip, not sure about life yet thou.

Used to put Toyo's T1-R on my 1.8 Corsa, which are also pretty good, especially for the money

mini cooper (RIP 172)
ive just got some F1's (£50 each from mytyres;) ) and think there better then contis in the dry and wet, make less noise goin round bends as well:D

not had any others on the 172 so cant say about the rest, i was goin for pe2's but where £70 and F1's £50:eek:

Always stayed with the Conti's, ive found them to be the perfect mix of grip and longevity!!

i'm goin back on what i said:eek: conti's seam to have a stiffer side wall which make them better round bends! F1's move a bit, grip well, but feels like the car is moving side to side:eek:

BG 182
Yoko A539's brilliant grip in rain or dry, hardly get any wheel spin now since i changed from my khumo's, mine are on a 1.2 though so just a little less power than all you 1*2's lol

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
oh my god, i just brought some Toyo T1R, they are so shiate, i want my money back, they have nooooooooooo grip, they are sooooooooooo bad in the wet, and i cna't believe you guys actually like these tyres. they are so w**k. i seriously want my money back, dont' knwo what to do, i guess take them off and flog them on ebay, and buy some proper tyres. back to the uniroyals for me.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Yoyos as they were on it when i got it, will probably change them for contis when there times up, but have no worries with them!

Elise S1 B&C 140
Proxes are great in all Conditions but wear far too quickly for me.

Michelin Pilot Exaltos all the way.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Have no fault with the Conti's but the difference between a brand new Conti and a half worn Conti is very noticable. The front hooks up so much better now i have new ones on the front.

Clio II
Any body heard of VREDESTEIN they have done very well in tests and are cheap i use them on my clio II and my mate had them on his RSi

Clio II
Have got some pretty funky tread pattern too
2733.jpg

mini cooper (RIP 172)
my boss has them on his a6 that i get to drive most days! seem ok in the wet and dry but might be diffrent on a clio:S

contisport are the best ive ever had;)

Black-Gold 182
I had Dunlop SP Sports front and rear on my 182, but I got through the front set in 8,000 mile!

Now got Goodyear Eagle F1s on the Front - they're a lot better wear wise, but don't grip as well as the Dunlops. I've gotta say that the mix of the softer Dunlops on the rear, with the slightly tougher Eagles on the front make for a very stable handling car - find that the rears heat up at the same rate as the front tyres now, so am slightly less prone to the rear flicking out under fast cornering.

MB_182

20,450 miles, incl. 2 track days, 3 airfield days on a set of Michelin PE2, fitted from new on the front wheels of my 182 - great tyres.

P

Paul Common 666

Ive just had pirelli p zero nero's (2 of) fitted on my 172. first reaction so far is they are very good. good grip and progressive. cant comment on the wear rate as yet tho!!

Clio 172
Used Yoko AVS 205x40x17 for two years, 2 fronts to 1 rear, front lasted 8k each tyre or about a year. Excellent wet and dry performance.
Had to go onto Yoko paradas due to no AVS, just worn the fronts out after 12k excellent grip wet and dry obviously last better but not quite as grippy as the AVS.
Bearing in mind that I was going through the standard contisports in less than 10k on the fronts and they where pretty good wet and dry.

pug 106 rallye S2
just killed my set of 539's on the front in less than 6.5k scary as it doesnt get driven hard that often... and no wheelspin sessions or burnouts ok grip but tends to understeer a bit not that impressed...
new yokos s-drives on the back very nasty feels like they are sliding about all over the place not confidence inspiring at all...
they are like new but are being junked after a set fo 4 decent tyres for winter i think i might end up in a hedge backwards with these!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
the 1st ones will be fine! up to sppeds of 149 (more then a std 172;) )

these one came on the 182

monaco blue 172 ..
michelin pilots .... and HERO'S cos i get them for £24 fitted lol i never heard of them till i discovered the price and they are very good tyres for the price!.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know the speed differences on the two tyres, but is that the only difference?

172 Race Car
so many differing opinions in this thread.

Personaly im not a huge fan of f1's (were on the car when i bought it) but i do like conti's (used them before on a previous car and now have them on the back of the clio)
Not tried toyo's but might do when i get some track wheels in the new year

Anyone got sugestions for track/airfield tyres in 15"

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got 2 conti sport contacts on the front of my 172 the now because i killed my Eagle F1s and got no cash left for another 2 for now! but to be honest the conti's are actually pretty awesome! and in no hurry to replace them now!

ph1 172...a red one
Michelin Pilot Sport-original tyres, were ok, didn't instill much confidence when worn
Proxies-look cool, fast wearing,pish in the wet
PE's-got them on now, the dogs...