ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  172 cup
Good job ppl, time has come for me to put some more rubber on to the front of my 172 cup, after a visit to my local dealer for my Favourite Conties i found that there isn't any at this time. Called A nice Bloke at Rotation UK (01582571500) Who said there is a batch waiting in the contie W/house but will not be released for 2 - 4 weeks but realistically i can't wait that long so i wanted to ask if anyone has any reports on the YOKO AS01'S?
I've Also had F1's and they are very good in the wet but seem from my experience to increase torque steer so would not wan then again!
Thanks for your help.
Mat

Think I might go for some PE2's but can't seem to find any on blackcircles.com or mytyres in 205/40/16's :(

Is there any point in getting the 40 profile or should I just go for 45? (These would be to fit onto 172 wheels btw)

Adam

bump.gif

ValverInBits
never tried those "expensive" tyres :(

Can recommend Uniroyal Rainsports tho, if they can be had at a good price!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'm planning on Eagle F1's within the next couple of months. Must be an improvement over the Exalto PE 2's I'm currently using.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Think I might go for some PE2's but can't seem to find any on blackcircles.com or mytyres in 205/40/16's :(

Is there any point in getting the 40 profile or should I just go for 45? (These would be to fit onto 172 wheels btw)

Adam

45's will be fine, that's the standard size for tyres on 16's for the clio. I run 55's on track.

55's on track... I always thought the lower the profile the more grip you would get due to the tyre not rolling over the alloy lol

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Not all the time, F1 don't for several reasons.

Mine are endurance tyres, harder compound but last longer.

clio/meggy
My brother is using the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3'S and so far is not impressed, has only had them since last week but will they drastically change grip wise, he has these on his 182 cup and says the back end is all over the place.

The tyre compound seems quite soft? any comments....

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Im in a similar situation, just had a set of eagle f1s fitted all round, at the moment they are what i expected, not too shabby not too brilliant, thats because there not fully scrubbed in yet, probably why your brothers 182 is all over the place, especially on the back because they will take longer to wear in than the fronts remember. ;)

There ok, obviously ill have to wait and see as ive only just got them.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Got to recommend PE2s. Loads of grip, they compliment the chassis well and they're lasting pretty well. £90 a tyre isn't too bad either, especially when you consider that's from my local independent garage.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Falken Ziex ZE-512's were my choice of weapon on the 106 give great grip

PH2 172
i dont know if i should put Goodyear Eagle F1s on the front of my clio or Michelin PE2s on the front what you people think i want a long lasting a very grippy tyre cheers.

172 cup
just fitted two pirelli p zeros to the front of my 172 cup and you get heaps of grip, wet or dry. Not sure what the wear rate is going to be like on them however as iv heard its not great.

Black Gold with cup packs
The wear rate on the p zeros is crap. But you pay for the tyre to keep you safe on the road, not for its wear rate imo.

Impreza WRX
I got some great 205-45-16 Avons on my clio 182 Cup.

They handle all lumps and bumps with ease, and stick like s*%t to a blanket when drivin on A n B roads.

Minimum road noise and tread looks pretty good too !

Clio 182ff
Exalto 2's... Far better for me. Esp in the wet, ive lost it a few time before on the original set of tyres which were fitted when i bought the car.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Ive had the F1s on for about 1.5k now. Im really impressed with them, seem to be able to stick and never let go, infact im struggling to get them to break grip unless i really really push it, doesnt understeer as bad as the p-zeros do in the wet and they seem to be wearing well.

Overall im very impressed, they remind me alot of the my continental sport contact 2s i had. One of the most underrated tyres around in my opinion.

Ill definately get another set if i can get a hold of them.

RB 182
Ive just bought some Cup Turinis and i got two Michelins, a budget and a new P Zero Nero, i was gonna get two Eagle F1s but i think ill get another P Zero Nero to replace the budget one seeing as people seem to rate them

clio sport 172
tyre poll i'm in the tyre trade 3 reasons and why about 3 good tyres
1) uniroyal made by conti nice soft compound good grip milage aint great
2) Pirelli P zero Nero fited 2 fiesta st's as standard H8 Fords Though!! Stick LIke Glue Odd Ocasion Noisy depending on road surface get good milage
3) Michi Exalto Nice Silica Compound No Road Noise Stick Like Glue Good Milage Amazing Drive Experiance

Obvouise Uniroyal are Mid Range price Which are The Best MId Range Tyre!
Pirelli About £30 More Good But If You Want Absalutly Amazing Got 2 pay THe Extra For Michi and Who Ever Thinks STUNNER For HAlfords Are Good Give Yourself A Shake!!! They Are Pants Slide All Over And Are Noisy Not Good Milage Oh And Halfords Pull Your PAnts Down With The Price
NO Disrespect Though Every1 HAs An Oppinion Hope The Above Was Helpfull

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
conysports. get them cheaply and they are a good all rounder. tread is lasting forever aswel. funny as they were the standard choice of tyre when it was made

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I'm just about ready to change all four of mine.

Running Contisport Contact2s at the moment - they've done 20k miles on the front and the rears have been on even longer, so durability has been really good.

Cliosport 182
I recently put some Kumho 205/45R16 KUMHO KH11 83V on my 182 as i was short of cash. They seem pretty good for the price. I have not really gone overly fast round bends but they are ok on motorway travel and good in the wet.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
PE2 are the best all round tyre full stop the majority agree. Anything less it all about penny pinching.

Tyres are so crucial to a cars performance.

At work there was a Subaru promo / test day and round Angelsy old old curcuit (few years back) which i was invited; a std STI v7 and a WRC car swapped wheels / tyres and the road car was as quick on the slicks as the WRC was on road tyres.

Enough said.....

ValverInBits
quite impressed with my new eagle F1s, but they are not that much better than everything else I have ever tried

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Why didnt i look at this sticky before i bought my new tyres! just bought new set of proxes, never spent much money on tyres tbh so ill wait an see what their like and try differnt ones.

fat 182
just got some more f1s so ive got them all round now (still had exaltos on the front)
i reckon the f1's are just as good cant really tell the differents between the two mabye just a bit more road nosie on ruffer road surfaces.

got the f1's from blackcircles for 170 fitted phoned the central tyres where i was going to get them fitted through b/c and they want 168 for 1 tyre

clio cup 172 fiestazetecs
dont know wat 2 go for need 2 new fronts 195/45/r16 cup172 any advice got yokos on at the mo front and bak but front have lots grip loads since i got the car in jan so time for new ones any advice only changing 2 front thanks

Freetrack&Monaco 172
conysports. get them cheaply and they are a good all rounder. tread is lasting forever aswel. funny as they were the standard choice of tyre when it was made

Yep, impressed with the 4 contisports I put on the car a month ago, excellent grip in wet and dry, gives the confidence to push harder. Only done about 800 miles on them, but once they were bed in, they were lovely and sticky.

Bought from kwikfit on a buy 4 fitted for £278 offer (195/45/r16s on my turinis).....nice!

Trophy 182
Has anyone tried Yokohama Parada spec 2's ?

They get a good rating on blackcircles.com and theyre very reasonable priced.