ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading from Clio 1.2 to RS200

clio 1.2 16v
Hi

Not been on here for a while but now looking at upgrading my car

currently have 55plate 1.2 clio and it has served me very wheel but now looking to upgrade
i will be 21 in january and looking to get a clio rs 200

so just looking for any advise when looking at new cars

Suzuki Jimny
Gearbox seems to be the main issue. It'll either need replacing or be fine.
Quite a step up in power!

clio 1.2 16v
Looking at white, would like a green one but seem to be very rare, looking at buying in january when i turn 21 as the Insurance drops a bit

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
My Peugeot 206 hdi had a knackered 3rd gear syncro caused by just awful drivers. Some people are just hard on boxes without knowing. A normal clean change just eludes them. When testing a 200 you need to be able to give it a decent run so that you can check that all gears engage cleanly.

Find somewhere to do a swift stop and make sure it's all good on the braking front.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My rs197 clio sport renaultsport has done 50odd thousand miles and the gearbox is fine. Touch wood.

Match revs* and it'll be reet.

Recaros, cup chassis, Bluetooth and climate control are the options to look for.

And projectors but they can be retrofitted fairly easily. As can the cup spoiler.

*learn to heel and toe.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Or don't shift like a nut case so the syncro's don't have to work so hard.

Regular hard use and heel and toe would be well worth learning.

Even as badly as I do it on track changing gear is a lot smoother.