ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper Gearbox Mount Tightening?

PH1 172
Fitted my ktec upper gearbox mount and i couldnt get it tightened past the top thread on the spindle. Should it tighten more and if so how do i go about it? Impact wrench?

Thanks

Ross

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Do you mean that the thread of the bolt didn't pass alll the way through the nut?

If so mines the same.

I've had mine fited for about 600 miles now and checked them last weekend and the hadn't budged.

330Ci Clubsport
when you put the rubber washer on the bolt did it go all the way down?

I had the jack under the engine and jacked it up until it wouldnt go any more then impact gun.

here is mine:

IMG_0537.jpg

You might need too use a socket to knock the inner part of the bush further down the shaft, iirc my bolt is now flush with the top of the nut.

It should be as per the picture posted by pablo

Chris

Last edited:
  PH1 172
looks like that - it tightened down onto it fine just seemed to turn the whole bush from there. so it is tight enough?

330Ci Clubsport
Id say if all the threads on the nut are being used its fine.

did you have a jack under the engine when tightening?

PH1 172
dogbone being done as we speak and going to do polybush kit when coilovers arrived :)

booked onto the 23rd at kirki so ill see ya there?

do you get wild vibrations through the ktec mounts? also seem to have a squeek coming from clutch when resting foot on it and goes away when pushed in - could i have levered engine too far forward?

330Ci Clubsport
seem to settle down after a few miles by accounts on here. mine is a lumpy noisy fecker anyway so I didnt notice