ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Help Required! 182

Liquid Yellow 182
Ok in the picture i have circled a sensor that goes into the plenum, its broke off some how :( heard a loud hissing noise, took off the engine cover whilst running to listen for the noise, literally tapped it and it broke off! so now the little plastic bit that has snapped off it got sucked into the plenum? what is this sensor? as now my car revs high and im not even going to attept to drive it!, is whats happened going to damage my car? any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

05102006103Small.gif

DSCF1456Small.gif

chris

Last edited:
Thats the MAP sensor. Engine needs it to know how much air density is in the phebham.

If the sensor or any bit of it has got into the engine err don't start it get the plebham off and find it.

You have an high idle as the engine is getting more air than it needs to idel as its sucked down this hole and so injects more fuel to keep the idle stable.

Liquid Yellow 182
thanks for the speedy reply my friend, had the plenum off and cant find the little bit anywhere? i presume i shoulf fear the worst? will this be under warrenty? as my car is 04 plate and that part should do be so brittle imo

thanks for the speedy reply my friend, had the plenum off and cant find the little bit anywhere? i presume i shoulf fear the worst? will this be under warrenty? as my car is 04 plate and that part should do be so brittle imo

No one realy breaks they can ry warently but I'd just pay up yourself its obvios you've fiddled under the bonnet so Renault could argue none have broken before so you broken it so why should they pay others have chnaged parts without breaking them.

I'd fear the wrost getting Pblebha off its a huge job have a check round

Liquid Yellow 182
ive looked everywhere and i cant find it at all :( the engine was running at the time of it snapping as well as i was looking for the hissing noise from under the engine cover touched it to see if it as that and it snapped and then the bit was sucked in, so basically im buggared then? engine is knackered?

ps how much are the map sensors roughly?

ive looked everywhere and i cant find it at all :( the engine was running at the time of it snapping as well as i was looking for the hissing noise from under the engine cover touched it to see if it as that and it snapped and then the bit was sucked in, so basically im buggared then? engine is knackered?

Nope will be fine remove plebham and check the sensors not there. Then get a new sensor and put it in. job done.

Liquid Yellow 182
so the bit i cant find that was sucked into the plebham is not an issue ? i have had the plebham off and cant find the part anywhere, so it wont break the engine? thanks for you help in this matter its very much appreciated

chris

Clio 172 mk2
Where is the part going to be then if you take the plenum off and it's not there?

Surely that's going to cause internal problems

so the bit i cant find that was sucked into the plebham is not an issue ? i have had the plebham off and cant find the part anywhere, so it wont break the engine? thanks for you help in this matter its very much appreciated

chris

Yep if its in there it needs to come out otherwsie it could do untold damage to a valve piston rings block exhaust cat etc.
If you cannot find it in the Pheham upper or lower or down as far the head as you can see, it probably fell out somewhere else.

iirc the map sensor is around 175 quid isnt it ? eek

Never checked to be honest get one from a breakers yard for less though if they are that silly price.
Prices chnage month on month somtimes by huge amounts so it might be a compley different price now.